Marlin onto ugs

Hi all sorry i am ver ver new to this i have never heard if an post prossesor until h i have started to build the mpcnc primo. All is done builded and moves on the mini display but when i use cncjs the masjien dont work that well. First off i say move 1mm and the it goes 40mm. Second if i make an round circle of 50mm x50mm and press start the masjien is just running into the oppeset site of the rail and just wants to go and i have to emergency stop everthing. Thirdly
when i try and use UGS it shows connected on grbl (struggel to where to put the marlin.pp) but cannot do nothing not even move anythings. Fourtly cant get the touch probe to work. And last cant get the end stops to work. Please i know it a lot but i life in small town and dont know any body that can help me. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Please start by telling us all about your hardware and your control board, also where you bought your parts from.

In addition to the description that Ryan asks for, pictures are often very helpful. I’m sure this forum can help you work through your list of problems.

2 Likes

Hi i

I stay in south africa soso i got all my parts like 3d printer and communica

This is the board under is the arduino mega and on top is the ramps 1.4

This sounds like wrong steps per mm setting or wrong microstepping (which is controlled on RAMPS by jumpers under the A4988 stepper drivers). The A4988 drivers max out at 16x microstepping.

Always power down the system (including unplugging USB) before connecting/disconnecting motors or drivers.

2 Likes

I hope these are the correct images for you. Thanks

1 Like

If there are no jumpers on those pins beneath the stepper drivers, then you’re set to “no microstepping” when the V1 firmware is probably expecting 16x (all 3 jumpers installed).

1 Like

So must i take all the jumpers out and restart the board

1 Like

There are no jumpers on your board. As Tom indicates, all three pin pairs under each stepper should have jumpers like these:

As Tom mentioned with his 16x, this will only account for part of your 40mm movement. Install the jumpers and rerun your test. If the measurements are still off, we need an accurate measurement of how much.

Jumpers just short the connection between pins. If for some reason jumpers are hard to come by in your region, you can solder bridge the pins together.

i try and use UGS it shows connected on grbl

Historically, UGS has targeted GRBL and did not support Marlin. I don’t think that has changed, so you need to use a different g-code sender like Repetier-Host. Additionally, I’ve never heard of a g-code sender using a postprocessor. Postprocessors are typically used by your CAM software so that the correct g-code is generated for a specific firmware.

I suggest you use a SD card and display to get your machine up and running and then move to a g-code sender after you have all the problems figured out.

1 Like

No - the three jumpers should be installed under your active stepper drivers.

Are you using the V1 firmware, or are you editing your own Marlin configuration?

1 Like

No i am only useing the sofware from marlin only and please be patient with me its my first build ever

The only ramps firmware we have ever made is for drv8825, 32 stepping. so ours will not work. It would be a good place to start from though.

1 Like

Must i plug them somwhere here

They go on the pins I’ve circled in blue that are under your stepper drivers:

Must put all the pins in or just one

You will need three jumpers under each stepper driver. It will look something like this with all three installed:

Thanks very much i have to find sone and will install them then

hello good news is all done i have fit the plug and got the new stepper drivers and i an trying to connect to ugs but not luck it tells me it done work on y soft ware, but i am using aspire 9.5 what would be the best to use after i make my gcode to cut the file please,.