Marcos 4x4.

Your machine size is quite big, but I don’t think this should be a big issue unless you are looking for great precision or fast cutting speeds.

Your problem looks like a combo of bad gcode, dull bit and non level table.

First thing, your table needs to be dead flat everywhere, so that you have a consistent depth of cut no matter where you cut. This is critical if you want to get a consistent force applied on your bit, otherwise there is a good chance that your first path will be ruined, because you’ll lose steps. This is especially important given the size of your machine

Second, check your gcode generator parameters. You surely have something wrong here. But I’m no expert here so you should follow Ryan’s advices.

And last but not least, replace your bit with a better one

1 Like

Ok, I’m improving a little.

I have some problems with the material.
It has some undulations, but I’m solving it, tomorrow I will print clamps.

i Lower the feedrate speed, which result in “SMOKE”, tomorrow I will continue with the tests.

buy these bits in amazon …

HQMaster 1/8" Shank Single Edged 1 Flute

Burning is a pretty bad sign, get the bit too hot and it will go bad as well. With wood you should be able to go deeper and faster, try 4.5mm depth at 7mm/s. Your bit doesn’t really look like it is cutting, pretty sure it is a goner.

1 Like

I don’t like the look of those bits. They do not look like proper end mills. Based on the pictures on the Amazon link, they have no cutting edge at the tip and do not look like the would plunge well and would cause excessive friction leading to the burning. Sometimes it is better to buy one $15 bit than try to get 10 for the same price. You really do get what you pay for.

1 Like

From Amazon what are the ones that you recommend?

I need to do some work in wood and acrylic.

A Question I’m having some technical problems with my estlcam
I need to cut first what is inside.
But it begins to cut the marked thing in red arrows and it leaves me for the last thing marked in blue. Which gives me that the piece is loose and move …

any suggestion ??

Thanks

Marcos, there is an option to “force” the order in which the different cuts are made : I think there is an action in a menu to update the Machining Order (historic manual link : http://www.estlcam.com/e2_objekte_bearbeiten_menue.php cf Machining Order)

1 Like

works perfect Thanks!

Excellent solution

1 Like

I am very happy with this machine, it is a marvel, very resistant and at the same time very docile.

I’m going to change its size to 4 x 2.
to improve its rigidity and speed.

I am working on prototype launchers for FPV drones.

love my MPCNC !!! AWOSEME MACHINE

I built a Ligth Box

1 Like

today try a little carving. This machine is all terrain.

1 Like