LR3 new build (WEST-AUS)

Looking good. Congrats on progress!

That table looks excellent! I went with a three piece table to make it mobile so I could still park my car in the garage, but I like your idea of a torsion table that can flip up against the wall. My Bora Centipede base would still be usable and I could leave my linear rail attached permanently. I’ll tell you those rail blocks don’t like being handled a whole lot, the back breaks off pretty easily.

Can you attach a copy of your CAD design for the table?

1 Like

I think they can also be printed laying on their side, which would change the layer adhesion direction, and make them more resistent to that kind of breakage. Converse to this, it would mean the hole for the screw that anchors it down would be more likely to be the start of a split due to the new orientation of the layer lines.

I think I will leave the X-beam on the table when I hinge it up. With some tie downs to stop it crashing off. I have a big I-beam above it so can rig a block&tackle system to lift it as it is getting heavy!

No problem to share the CAD file if anyone wants to cut the table but not sure how to attach it here. Can cad files be uploaded the same as the photos?

2 Likes

Black side plates. PMMA?