LR3 in Washington - n00b build

Well, to be fair, no one knew you had such a fancy printer :grin:

1 Like

That is a pretty good core print.

There is something going on with your top layers, though- so definitely room for improvement.

What printer are you using, with what slicer?

Looks like a Bambu Lab A1

Yep, A1. Heat bed power cord looks good on mine though. :wink:

I noticed that but thought maybe it was designed that way. Checking the model though it is obviously not. I’m using Bambu slicer. Orca gives the same though I guess that would be expected. Cura shows that same

The slicer sees those rough faces as ‘top surfaces’. Ironing looks like it would help a little

Nice Core print! Shared sketch with expected dimensions and my assembly if that helps. Created the sketch after I fluffed up calibrating dimensions and skew on my printer.

Good luck with your build!

Thanks @azab2c What I can measure matches the sketch. I need longer metric ruler/calipers. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@DougJoseph I’m a subscriber to your Youtube channel. Watching some of your videos got me excited about making a Lowrider. Thank you for that. I especially like the hidden belt trick. Haven’t decided if I will go straight to that or do it later as an upgrade. :thinking:

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words!

I like the hidden belts mod!

Speaking your nice 3D printer, what is that? What brand and model?

Looks like were able to accomplish a tall layer height which shortened your print time, and it will cause stairs steps on top layers that are at any angle other than flat.

The printer is a Bambu Lab A1. I got it because of bed size so I could print YZ plates in one piece.

I hear what you are saying about layer height and the finish on angled surfaces. My first test prints trying different nozzles with the Z drive mount varied layer heights and surprisingly showed very little variation in the surface of the angled faces. It’s definitely noticeable on the core print however. I am ironing now for better surfaces.

Nice! Good looking rig!

Shame about the recall. I like their printers.

I picked up my pipe over the weekend. A majority of the parts are now printed and awaiting the start of assembly. Printer has yet to catch fire.

So I’m guessing there’s supposed to be some play in these bearings. :person_facepalming:

Curious if anyone knows if/how crack like this can be repaired/recovered?

What nozzle width and layer height?

I bet you could syringe some epoxy in there and clamp it.

0.8mm nozzle width and 0.32mm layer height

Is there supposed to be play along the bolt on these bearings or should they not move up and down?

I’ll see if I can clamp it and get it to move.

They are for the tension, they will be held in place when put on the beam. Tighten only lightly. :smile:

Thanks for that. I may just reprint the core then since I’m sure I probably induced damage that I cannot see in one of the other points I overtightened.

2 Likes