LR3 and Carveco - SKR Pro or GRBL

Hello

I have been CNC’ing for about 18 months now using a 3018 pro with Grbl controller. I use Carveco Maker to produce my builds and the Gcode and send to the 3018 via UGS. This works really well as i like Carveco and UGS lets me override feeds and speeds if i need to during a process.

I have however outgrown the 3018 and have started 3D printing and sourcing the parts for a Lowrider 3.

I want to keep using Carvevo but it doesn’t have a Marlin post processor. I have seen other posts on the forum for a Carveco post process but it sounds as though it might be buggy. Has anyone had good results with this Post processor or any other? alternatively, is there a GRBL board that will work with the LR3 i.e. can handle 5 drivers and end stops etc?

thanks in advance for any advice!

There are people that use carveco, I think at least @Neilp does, as far as I remember.

Bart Dring’s 6 pack universal controller runs on FluidNC(grbl on esp32):

Here is the post processor:

Here is a discussion:

Thanks guys for your responses so far.

At the same time as posting on the forum I sent a request to Carvoco asking if they had plans for a Marlin Post processor and it turns out they have one. @Tokoloshe this may be the same one as you’ve posted. However they provided two versions and some further guidance that people may find useful:

Please find attached two files named marlinCC.con and marlinCC-noG2G3.con respectively.

Please shut down Carveco Maker, save the attached marlinCC.con and marlinCC-noG2G3.con files to your computer’s desktop, copy the marlinCC.con and marlinCC-noG2G3.con files to C:\Program Files\Carveco\postp\ on your computer, and then restart Carveco Maker.

When saving your calculated toolpath files from Carveco Maker, please select the Marlin G-Code (mm) (*.gcode) option from the Save Toolpaths dialog’s Machine file format list, load the resulting .gcode file, and then test under safe conditions (dry run, air cut).

If you have any issues with machining circles or curves when using the Marlin G-Code (mm) (*.gcode) post processor option, please select the Marlin G-Code (mm) No G2/G3 (*.gcode) option from the Save Toolpaths dialog’s Machine file format list instead, load the resulting .gcode file, and then test under safe conditions (dry run, air cut).

Unfortunately as i’m a new user I cant attached the two post process provided to me at the moment.

3 Likes

Yes, I do.

Works fine, but it has a learning curve since I’ve never modeled before .

Sorry for late reply: had Covid. Parents in law brought it in. Do not recommend.

I am glad your are okay. :heart:

I appreciate that, but I have a couple symptoms remaining. Tachycardia and sudden onset migraines that knock me out for 12-18 hours. Looking like it might be a long Covid issue

Are you still unable to attach the post process files?