LR2 to LR3 Upgrade

I’m in the process of putting together the parts to upgrade my LR2 to a LR3. I found this hardware list but it seems to only cover the nuts/bolts/screws.

I think I’ll also need:

linear rails
end stops (I’m getting 5)
end stop plugs (I’m getting 5)

There may be more things but my brief review leads me to believe that might be it for essentials. There are plenty of bearings, pulleys and idlers (if my audits are correct) and I left the belts long and have extra.

I’m probably also going to get the following:
Tiny Touch Plate
ESP UI Headless - I’m not sure if this will work with my Rambo board or not. If someone knows, please chime in. :slight_smile:
Probably also some lube and threadlocker .

I’m also wondering if I should try to upgrade(?) from my Rambo 1.4 (I think) to the SKR that already has the new LR3 firmware, as I’m unclear whether that process is complicated or not. Might be easier/better to just order the SKR PRO1.2, 5X 2209 DRIVERS, TFT35 E3 V3 -FLASHED- .

The questions I’ve gathered so for in terms of my LR2 to LR3 upgrade are:

1. Is it even possible or a pain to update from LR2 to LR3 firmware on the Rambo 1.4?
  2. Will the ESP UI Headless work with the Rambo 1.4?
  3. Where can I source 23 to 25.3 mm tubes? The Home Depot only has 29+mm conduit, seemingly the same for Lowe’s. I need this for the Y rail as my 25.3 mm X rails are usable for the gantry. Maybe I can just scale the rail block by a few % and use that 29mm conduit?
  4. Are there any other parts, besides the custom printed/milled parts, the hardware and what I’ve mentioned above (Linear rails, end stops and end stop plugs) that are needed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

Home Depot has 3/4" EMT in 10’ and 5’ lengths, outside diameter is ~23.4mm :man_shrugging:

Shared some other options here:

1 Like

Wow, that’s amazing. I completely ignored those because of the “3/4”…

That’s the answer. Thank you very much!