LR2-LR3 The Longest Conversion (AUS)

These also have been working out well for me. But since I didn’t make a T track system, I just put a large head screw through the clamps to add the pressure. Screws are far away from your part and the it won’t matter if you the tool hits the plastic here or there.
CNC Clamp 155mm by The Dutch Woodworker | Download free STL model | Printables.com

This one looks pretty cool too! Again, skip the T slot and just screw it wherever lol
Sliding Adjustable “oops” clamps for CNC by muddyfeet - Thingiverse

4 Likes

Did I promise a postcard? Nothing done of late on the LR3

5 Likes

That looks like fun! I would love to see that in person.

1 Like

Oh, sweet, new Genshin update. :smiley:

1 Like

Off to see some wood stuff in Kobe today, glad we missed rush hour, even happier to be ten feet tall! [Processing: IMG_9855.jpeg…]

1 Like

You didn’t wait long enough to post lol

1 Like

It wasn’t that -the free wifi on the Shinkansen (bullet train) kept dropping out going through the tunnels! :smiley:
Here’s the morning rush pic again.

And to make up for the inconvenience, a view of Kyoto station on a relaxed Sunday Afternoon!

6 Likes

I figured it was something like that. Looks BUSY. Way too peopley for me LOL

2 Likes

In all seriousness, if you ever get a chance to see the Takenaka Carpentry Tools Museum in Kobe, Japan, don’t miss it. It’s worth travelling a few hundred K’s out of your way to do so!

For anyone with even the vaguest interest in woodwork it’s a must-experience.

The only downside is that now that my beloved can make a perfect shaving with a hand plane, my workshop is in serious danger of having curtains installed! :open_mouth:

11 Likes

Well there’s another delay ahead - photo sent by my son-in-law today - the Neje Max 4 has arrived and sitting under their Christmas Tree - sometime mid next week when we get back home, I’ll have to find a way of assembling that while cutting new struts simultaneously.
I do want to use the LR3 to make some of the enclosure too.

6 Likes

Simple! you just laser-cut the struts… two birds with one stone! :smiley:

3 Likes

I think I remember reading that he plans for the struts to be aluminum composite panel, so not a laser option. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Shame! Now he needs to buy a waterjet! :smiley:

4 Likes

That’s amazingly well remembered @DougJoseph !

1 Like

I’m on the same boat, I think you’ll get there faster than me tho :rofl:

I’d love to know how they come out!

1 Like

Back home at last with a head full of grand ideas and wonderful memories, so say nothing of a million photographs in need of processing to find at least a hundred unread posts here - well they can all wait, I have a machine to finish…

Then the largest of the grandboys are visiting so we’ll be duty bound to watch and bring them cold drinks and food while they string the Christmas lights from the trees and other high spots I’m banned from, which is all very nice, but instead of doing that or LR3-ing we spent the day dismantling and remantlng the Mk3 to give it a bit of a 4000 hour birthday with new bearings and a general clean.

(It’s seriously as good as new and the grandlad is truly chuffed, but the cackle he gave when he saw the Mk$ in action means I’ll have to be very carefull that they don’t get mixed up when he leaves!)

Then of course my barely eight year old Macbook decided it wasn’t going to play any more. Through trickery, luck and a gentle tap of the BFH, it did boot up once more, but without my ‘shop’ computer, is it even possible to level and square the LR3?

I guess I’ll ponder what I’ll do about that while assembling the Laser over the weekend (when we once again arrive home after a round of returning grandchildren to their rightful owners and other social engaggements), but once that’s together I’ll have two machines that will be out of action till it gets sorted!

Erk.

Oh well, Autumn in Japan was truly wondrous.

8 Likes

Japan looks amazing!

1 Like

And clean.

1 Like

Correct on both counts!

Glad you had a wonderful trip. Now back to hobby machine madness!

1 Like