Lowrider3 in Florida

@Jonathjon

Just to confirm, yes, the part of the router mount rings that sticks out to have the vac hose zip tied to it, was indeed adjusted on my remix for 2.5" hose. So, the trick you did with Ryan’s original would need done again on mine if you want to have that part of the mount to match the location of the 2.5" hose!

Hey, your remix is lookin good! I just followed you on Printables. Thank you so much for the kind support! Much appreciated.

1 Like

You are welcome! Your remix looks awesome. Dude, you are rocking some thick zip ties there! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes sir I already took the remix that @azab2c did and combined it as well. It was the file names remix on the printables link

1 Like

@vicious1, what license should folks use for remixes of LR3 parts, non-commercial?

Asking because I noticed the following for the printables link you shared.

Cheers!

1 Like

Great question!! I had no idea what I was doing with that last night. I had just made my printables account only because I couldn’t upload step files to the forum. I went with the same license he had. I hope that was correct

Crap…I need to go back and link you @azab2c and @DougJoseph as well. I apologize for missing that last night. I was running on fumes but was too excited to see it done to stop lol

2 Likes

Usually Ryan uses the “non-commercial” license for LowRider v3 parts, which allows remix culture but nothing else, and therefore that’s the one I choose anytime my remix is of a V1E design.

1 Like

@vicious1 I was looking at the last mount I remixed last night and realized something…

If you don’t see any issues with this one working for my situation…I think it needs a nice V1 logo right in this area. I was at my limits just remixing to this and no where near ready to try and add a logo to it lol. But if you want to I think it would look great!

2 Likes

Just use the same license as the base part. The blank tool mount commercial is allowed, At least it should be. If you make your own mounts, you can sell them!

That is exactly what I was thinking, That should be nice and secure. I love a good logo…The files are here, Logo Files – V1 Engineering Inc. This does add to the previous comment though, if you want to sell the mounts, don’t add the logo, as it is a trademark.

On this type of mount, I am not sure if vent holes would help much, but I do wonder if this would significantly increase the tool temp?? That is the main reason I don’t make my mounts all look like this. Second it larger to ship.

2 Likes

A chamfer here would make it printable with no supports.

2 Likes

@vicious1, I added the following caveat to the “taller” vac-lower dust shoe remixes:

ALERT: This is only for very shallow cuts in circumstances described below. It is not recommended for regular or normal use. For shallow cuts, you should first position the router bit as high into the collet as is proper and doable, and then if you still have too much height for your dust collection, temporarily using one of these extensions may help. Needlessly placing your bit too far down and your router too high up reduces rigidity, increases risk of breaking the bit, and is detrimental to the LowRider’s well designed performance.

I have no desire to sell these. I put very little effort into it and I didn’t pay anything to get it. That just wouldn’t sit right with me. And I would be proud to have your logo on something that I was able to be an extremely small part of. I will give adding the logo a try this evening. But I honestly don’t even know where to start with it. Will be an adventure. I will also look at adding some vent holes. I do plan to print it in ASA like my current mount so that should help some with the temperature

1 Like

Yes…yes it would. And see I wouldn’t have ever know. That until I printed it and it turned out like trash lol. Thank you for the heads up!! I will make that adjustment this evening as well!

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8KPh6vu3a4&t=85s Start here. :smiley:

2 Likes

I sure will! Thank you!!

1 Like

Ok now my head hurts lol. But please check out Remix Spindle Mount V2 Printables

1 Like

Of course, we all know how the universe works.

@Jonathjon now that you’re done, there’s a great video that just got released showing how to do what you wanted.

1 Like

Fancy!!!

1 Like

LOL…I tried. We will see how it looks after i print it. Now i just need the 18th to hurry up and get here so i can go home and get back to getting this thing dirty!

1 Like

Finally remembered to look it up…

Makita - 3.9 lbs
Dewalt - 5.5 lbs
1.5kw Spindle - 6.17 lbs

Assuming Amazon has the 2 routers listed properly in the specifications that is…

1 Like

It’s less the weight that bothers me more about the size. The taller things are the more anything touching the top effects the cutter, and moves the balance point up higher. The lower the center of gravity the less tippy it will be, the added weight might offset this part though. Make sure your spindle wires and your Vac hoe are mounted to the top of the core and not hanging free. The effectively makes it shorter and less of an issue.

2 Likes