LowRider v3 CNC - Tool-less KINEMATIC Accessory Holder for LowRider 3 CNC 4.0

@DougJoseph how in the world did you flip these magnets??? I bought the ones direct from your amazon link and I’ve broken 2 fine tip flathead screwdrivers trying to pry them out to flip them and I cant get a pick to grab. Any suggestions??? Working on a mount for my mist coolant using this and need/want the extra holding power of 2 magnets

Ugh. It’s been a while, but I seem to remember reaching into the center hole with an allen-key type driver tip, the kind that has the little lip around the tip. Sorry I cannot remember for certain. I guess I was “determined.” :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @DougJoseph I’ll give that a try!

You are the man @DougJoseph !!

2 Likes

You did it! Cool.

1 Like

New mobile mount is printing to put the reversed magnet in. But I couldn’t wait to see it so I mounted it to one I had with a washer.

Model still needs some refinement for sure. Wish I could figure out how to get it turned 45° so it would face forward but not a big deal like it is. All in all it will be much better on that side. Mounted hard on the other side gives me problems homing x if I don’t remember to move the tube just right.

2 Likes

Wow, this is cool! (No pun intended.)

I’m re-doing the LR3 laser mount and thought I’d look at this, but since I don’t have the right magnets, it will have to wait a little. I have many 1/2" magnets, and considered rigging these as a 3-pack that should fit inside the 32mm circle. At least I think it would…

Anyway, I just got fed up with the rigamarole of swapping out the router for the laser, and if the drag knife and pen holders work out, so much the better.

2 Likes

I will say you should like it a lot! So far I have only used it for a Pen mount and I made a mount for my mist coolant but it has worked perfectly for both of those!!!

2 Likes

The previous version uses a cam lever type approach, and can work, although design is impacted by dimensionality of prints (under or over extrusion) so tweaks may be needed.

Mist mount sounds cool, is that shared somewhere already? Cheers!

1 Like

It wasn’t but I just uploaded to Printable’s

https://www.printables.com/model/551731-kinematic-mount-for-mist-coolant-on-an-lr3

2 Likes

I used @DougJoseph’s revised version with the offset, since I already printed all the pieces.

2 Likes

cool! thanks for sharing. You gave me the push I needed to order the magnets on Amazon. Should be here next week so I can finally complete the build.

1 Like

I broke down and bought the 32mm magnets. I am sure I could puld have remixed for 1/2" magnets, but it would have been weaker holding strength.

I printed the NEJE laser mount, but found a few things.

The hole for the M4 screw doesn’t have enough room for the head, and the thickness of the material is a bit much for the provided screws, so I’ll remix it.

1 Like

Thank you! When you remix, I can replace mine with yours. I don’t have a NEJE diode so it’s hard for me to test my design on my own.

1 Like

That reminds me, I made one that goes the other way, from a neje mount to a kinematic mount.

I just posted it just now:
https://www.printables.com/model/492583-modified-mounts-for-dougs-kinematic-lr3-accessory-/files#preview:file-6Gx7u

4 Likes

My only problem…

1 Like

Dude, you rock. Thanks for posting that!

Yep. If you have a dremmel tool, nip off that screw tip. Maybe mark and cut outside of its intended final position, to avoid unwanted melting of plastic. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, the protruding screw is not perfect.

Another option besides cutting off the screw is to drill a hole in the base, or let the screw smash its own hole.

1 Like