Lowrider 3 Skr Board Issues

Just realized that I never pinged the people who were in the original thread, so adding that here. @vicious1 @Tokoloshe @RockinRiley

1 Like

I did see it but I am not really knowledgable about those boards. :smiley:

Haha same. It’s looking like I may need to buy a new board, but I wanted to wait to see the prevailing opinion of the previous posters. The biggest thing to me is that previously the board worked, and now after just breaking down and shipping it doesn’t seem to, so it feels likely this is user error not board

Unplug all the wires, leave only the black wire for the tft and the board 12v power. Does it work then?

1 Like

Those green power adapter board do not have a good track record around here. I would verify you are actually getting full power through it. To be safe take them out of the loop for now.

1 Like

Do you mean the wiring to the stepper motors as well? Or just the ribbon cables that connect to the TFT.

Was just playing with it some more, and the stepper motors are locking with power so they are definitely receiving power, though I did not verify how much. Additionally just played with the firmware more, and the bin file does not seem to be converting to a cur file, which it’s my understanding indicates a successful download

So i was never sure the previous owner was fully understanding everything being told. Hopefully they were removing power on changes. This board very well could have problems. At this time i am not much help as i do not have that board. Hopefully you got a good deal and can get a new board if necessary.

Wait, that being the case, they were trying to verify he bent the pins needed on steppers. Did you verify that? See previous post.

Hi Riley, yes that was absolutely a concern when we discussed price, and he did give me a good price as a result. If I need to get a new board I won’t be upset, but I am trying to keep this as budget friendly as possible. Unfortunately they don’t pay us grad students too much :stuck_out_tongue:

Understood. Fully. I have a famIly. My toys are paid by csl plasma, bahaha

Yes, sorry I didn’t post the verification picture. Should be attached to this comment now

Haha yea, I get the lab to subsidize some of it “cough cough 3d printing” so there’s that. And I get to have access to people with way more experience so that’s always nice too

So the fw issue:
https://docs.v1e.com/electronics/skrpro/

You are renaminfg file correct

When you unzip the file you have a .bin file. Rename to FIRMWARE.bin and save it to the MicroSD for the SKR Pro board

It also states to make sure you remove the card afterwards

1 Like

I used the firmware link posted earlier in this chain, and it has a firmware.bin that pops out immediately. Tried making the letters capitalized but no luck

And yeah, I tried removing it and leaving it at different points

@vicious1 or a couple others may be able to help atthis point, i am out of ideas. Unless somehow botloader is corrupt. I wonder if you cover postage if ryan could test for you. May be fastest track to getting resolved. I think i saw it was bought from him.

Just tried redownloading the firmware, still wont let me rename it to caps, but regardless I think it’s likely toast as a board.

I am not sure caps is a big thing, bit there should be nothing to stop the rename. That is odd to me. Now you said you downloades a firmware.bin. did you try the correct firmare and rename to firmware.bin?

https://docs.v1e.com/electronics/marlin-firmware/

Oh crud it is firmware.bin, sorry

You are putting the card into the board and not the screen correct?

Yeah plugging it into the board w screen disconnected while board is off, turning on power after. Tried adding and removing the micro sd card as well while powered, but no change. Went through the Lowrider3 page to find the firmware, and when extracted it automatically creates a firmware.bin