LowRider 3 CNC, LR3 Release notes

The number of ensdstops should not be in question, LowRider CNC V3 - V1 Engineering Documentation, but I do need to clarify the LR3 hardware bundle does not include them more than just not listing it in the contents.

The levity is greatly appreciated by all, I assume :slight_smile:

P.S. CTRL+F for ā€œtehā€ throughout, in the finishing pass

1 Like

You are so right! My spell checker does not work on three letter words, and my most frequent is TEH.

I will do that right now.

Well there were only 5!

2 Likes

I have the same problem but with more words. Than teh dan or nadare my nost comen :nerd_face:

Fair, since I hadnā€™t fully gotten to the parts about the assembly, not skimmed. I assumed since the both other axes require 2, so did the X

Why does the X only require 1?

1 Like

Try the other way of thinking about this. Each stepper gets a switch (not axis). The Z actually gets 2 if you use a probe.

1 Like

Thanks!

Such an obvious answer. Juggling 6 things with 3 kids and almost zero sleepā€¦

So one of the z end stops is for the touch plate?

No. Each Z stepper gets a micro switch to zero to Z max, and on the Z axis we CAN also use a touch plate to find Z min on both at the same time.

Gotcha, thanks

I get different spelling mistakes on the phone as long the keyboard. The keyboard is mostly an issue where one hand gets ahead of the other. The phone is more likely to autocorrect to the wrong word. The other common problem I have with the phone is hitting m instead of space. It might lookmlikemthis.

oh yeah, I hate that.

1 Like

I hit the. . Instead of space on my phone and it tries to make links and drives me crazy also the m once in a while

2 Likes

My problem is I think faster than I can type, so Iā€™ll skip letters, or whole words.

2 Likes

OMG, that is the bane of my existence typing on my phone.

ā€œTehā€ or the ever popular ā€œint heā€ pop up for me on just about any keyboard regardless. I have word processing macros to change both of those. One of these days Iā€™m going to end up writing some sort of code that has a variable named ā€œheā€ defined as an integer type just so that I can justify typing it so often.

2 Likes

This is why my handwriting is so bad. But I am just fast enough at typing to keep up.

(For some reason, I am proof reading my posts on this thread) :slight_smile:

4 Likes

My handwriting is garbage because Iā€™m ambi and everyone made me write right handed.

2 Likes

IĀ“d like to have the XZ and YZ plates water beam cut from plywood. Would 12mm be thick/strong enough for both? If I provide the files to a cutting company, will the plates display in real size, or do they need to be scaled?

For the XZ, hard to say, there are some other factors there.

For the YZ plates, mine are 12mm birch plywood, which seems perfectly adequate.

The DXF files are dimensioned, you will have to tell the cutting company that they are in mm, or else youā€™ll end up with something much larger than you want.

The XZ plate drawing has concentric circles around things, because they are intended to be cut so that the intermediate part is 6.35mm thick (Or so, I think up to 7.5mm is OK.) so that you can use the suggested 10mm length screws

However, if I were going to go get parts water cut, Iā€™d probably opt for stronger material. At least aluminum, if not steel.

Steel? ItĀ“s something IĀ“ve thought about in terms of stiffness but wouldnĀ“t there be flatness as an issue?
If steel, what thickness should I go for for each plate so it can be water cut?