Laser Cut Steel LR3 Build

You inspired me to buy one of these!

My dust shoe is cracked, so I might redesign one that this clips into.

1 Like

Don’t tell your wife it’s my fault! :smiley:

The one I am using is great, but it is for the Primo. -_- Your link does not work for me, guess because I am in the EU. :frowning:

/edit: Bought one as well… https://www.amazon.de/dp/B08Y1LL879 Have to shorten it, but eh, let’s try it. If it does not work I can also tell myself that it is not my fault but yours for tempting me. :stuck_out_tongue: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I guess it’s been about a year - I’m in a sweet spot at the moment, I added a tool height sensor (just a little button really…)

I’ve ditched the onboard SD Card to control it from octoprint instead, I have also moved the vacuum tube and power for the router to the ceiling, rather than being attached to the CNC itself, this seems to have made quite a large difference.

I was running into issues cutting at high speeds, and I think it was to do with the flow of data from the SD card, the TFT started having some issues, then the SD card, when it worked it would work fine, then all of a sudden make a mistake.

Since moving to the raspberry pi/octoprint I’ve been having no issues - octoprints start/end/toolchange custom gcode is nice to have as well.

1 Like