Laptop Holder

There is the newest project. Added two more pictures.

File here: Laptophalter.dxf (144.9 KB)

10 Likes

Just curious, are the pipes along the right side of the table for a vacuum hold down system? If so I was curious because somewhere it seems I’ve read you need a vacuum pump as limited air flow thru a shop-vac may burn it out? Been considering vacuum for my own set up and wondering how effective they are.

2 Likes

I’ve seen a number of multi-stage vacuum systems. Shop-vac to get most of the air out, then switch to venturi or vacuum pump to really lock things down (and keep them there). Once the second stage is triggered, the shop-vac is turned off.

3 Likes

Here is my build: Vacuum Table for the MPCNC using Household Vaccum and here is the work in progress: Vacuum Table - Work in Progress I started with an old Miele but bought a used sidechannel blower for ~250€. It does work with a normal vacuum, but the hold-down power is a little less, for big parts not a problem. The sidechannel blower also does not care that the MDF is 18mm thick.

2 Likes

Looks great! Nice job!

1 Like

Sounds like that may be a plan, somewhere I have an old vacuum pump used to evacuate auto A/C systems. I like the idea of being able to shut the Shop-vac off as I hear they don’t do too well with little air flowing through. Thanks!

1 Like

Looks like I’ve found another thing to add to the ‘to-do’ list. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like