Kobalt router

Did you make your own panel saw? couldn’t help but see it in the background

Yep. I use that all the time.

1 Like

Absolutely awesome, seems like you are always tinkering. Love it!

1 Like

A lot! This table I just finished cutting and sanding is for use with metal struts.

I think we need a video on this panel saw. Unless you already have one and I just missed it

2 Likes

quick question for those that have our new router: Has anyone bought an ER11a collet nut yet? If so, what did you get?

@c00nphrog , I purchased these.

But I’m still working on my mount so I haven’t had a chance to use them yet.

Set of nuts - https://amzn.to/46WmWGN
Set of collets - Amazon.com

1 Like

Hooray!! I found the 6 Kobalt routers all by myself this morning.

3 Likes

just mounted in my mpcnc, it is hitting on the bearings for my z pipes. Anyone have any pics of how they mounted theirs? Mine is sideways, but hits the bearings, tried turning so switch was towards z pipes, but still hits.

P.s. check out the color match on those brackets :slight_smile:

1 Like

did it work? my mpcnc is hitting the bearings

Actually Yours looks different. I am going to try yours. i thought the ones above were the same, but maybe not.

Is that mine (I can’t see the distinguishing marks I added)? Mine fits sideways or the way you show it. I think I had to move it out 7-8mm to get it right.

No they were dans. I thought he had yours.

What is this? A router for ants?

@Bigchepin @vicious1 Thank you both for the links. I was actually looking at those earlier. I asked as I was hoping someone would just help me verify I was looking at the right thing and had experience using them. Thanks again!!

1 Like

I had to get a new mount printed to move the router out so the electronics clear the bearings on the MPCNC. While the makita could be opened up wide enough to fit the body, it didn’t have the back side clearance against the core to clear when plunging.

This is the new mount Ryan drew for the Kobalt to move it out so it won’t hit the bearings. Is that the one you printed?

Weird. Mine fits, but it isn’t the retail version of the router. Maybe something in the head shape changed?

Best use Ryan’s parts.

Nope, i printed Dans above. I am printing ryans now. And then I need to update my pic on the make i posted :wink:

Meh… you’re not too much of a hippopotamic land mass. At least, you’re not alone…

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt/5014100299 Kobalt Router Product page has…

Clicking Write a Review pops up…

Figured out how to re-encode my review into a 10mb file, only to discover that you don’t upload video files. Instead, you can optionally reference a video link :man_facepalming:.
So, submitted a review that references my youtube video.

Mentioning incase anyone wants to add Product reviews on Lowes.com that reference their review videos. Cheers!

2 Likes