Kobalt router

I was inherently disqualified for being born in the EU anyway. :smiley: Booooooorn in the EUsa…

7 Likes

Still working from home :house_with_garden:?

Yes, and I’m wearing pants, too. It’s cold, and I’m letting the smart thermostat pretend I’m not here during the day. Too expensive to keep things toasty all day, every day. :cold_face:

edit: The “that’s about it” was in reference to my preparedness, not my level of clothing. The ASPCA and/or PETA might get upset if I assaulted my cat with that spectacle…

4 Likes

I’ve been in my house for 4 ish years and the heating bill has tripled just because of rate increases. They keep saying “we had a lot of damage last year but are committed to keeping you warm”

3 Likes

WHAT? Is your wife looking over your shoulder while you are online now???
:rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes

I don’t think you should take it too personal, there seems to be quite a strict moderation of that thread in general! I guess we can make a thread for all the non-us people, where we can whine all we want. But honestly, I’m just happy on behalf of Ryan! Must be intense days.

4 Likes

Do we really need another, “why can’t I get this on this side of the pond” thread? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I am not taking it personal, I am just kidding. :slight_smile:

Except of the Kobalt there is not too much to miss, is there? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Not without making the thread political :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

More info, Kobalt Router Featuring the LR3 – V1 Engineering Inc

Please let me know If I missed anyone, missed any info, or maybe shared too much.

Hard to know what is interesting of that side of this year long process.

11 Likes

Just finished reading. I love it. Congrats on the success it’s an amazing story and I love the fact they didn’t just reach out for ideas but worked with you through the process! I’d love to hear more how those meetings went and all about the testing involved, happy I bought mine. Now just gotta wait for @Michael_Melancon remix if he’s still willing for the easy tramming

5 Likes

You’d have your brown pants on if you were really prepared… just sayin’

3 Likes

Sorry, I got a little tied up with some stuff and hadn’t got to it.

I just opened it and was going to get it done real quick. Unfortunately, I just remembered that I accidentally forgot to turn on design history when I first imported the STEP file, so a bunch of the Fusion sketches can’t be edited.

So I’ll need to repeat all the steps again to remake it.

I’ll try to get it done tomorrow.

I’ll first just make an edit on the inner ring so it fits in the same mounts. This will make it work, but there will be less adjustment.

If it’s not enough adjustment, I’ll make a whole new set.

Then someone will have to print and test it because even though

I do not have one…

1 Like

Hahaha, love it!

I’ll be your test dummy! Especially sense I asked you go go through all this!

I’m calibrating one of my ender 3’s now for PETG, I won’t mess with my other an can print one in PLA too for troubleshooting incase anything goes wrong

It maybe a good idea to re-edit the whole thing when you get time if enough people are interested. As for me I’m assuming the adjustment will be more than fine (I only had to adjust it two or three lines on each mount)

No worries man, life can get in the way. Especially for pesky things like redoing CAD for some strangers on the internet

1 Like

I really don’t know where to add my congratulations on a job very well done! So here they are.

Do you think If I cut off one of the pins on the plug it’d only get half the voltage through a 220V socket? :thinking:

4 Likes

I don’t think that’s how electricity works. Maybe try wiring two Kobalt Routers in series for your LR3 IDEX upgrade? Double check your home owners insurance policy first though.

5 Likes

Nah, Send it!

If you can get your hands on one (the Kobalt I mean) I think Amazon sells converters

1 Like

Maybe if I only pushed the plug in half way? :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

If you are just using a circle that is offset by 1.5mm and only tangent at one point, I think I can handle that is you do not want to do it. What is the biggest thickness of the spacer?

1 Like

Currently printing 2nd…

Noticed:

• Router Mount, Zip holes are too small for my reusable zip-ties.
  • LR3 Kobalt Vac Top, needs extra LED hole. Has 1 hole, but Router has 2 LEDs.

@vicious1, able to share .step files? No probs, if not.

1 Like