Kobalt router

My mom worked at a college book store (mostly textbooks but some regular books too) and the publishers asked them to rip off the title page or front cover and ship those back, then recycle the rest.

2 Likes

Thanks for posting that for others, didn’t even think of that as an option. (Feeling old at the moment)

2 Likes

Yesterday afternoon I tried to price match my recently purchased router (within the 30 day window) and they told me they would not match the website. :roll_eyes: So I guess I’m going to try Steve’s suggestion.

1 Like

I worked at the online customer services of Lowe’s competition and some things can be set in stone and oters are very fluid it is the resellers that set the policy. It is unfortunate but the abusers are a huge problem. The representative you talk to beleave me wouldd give you everything you want but it is monitored by 16 different metrics but if we can we will give you the keys when we can.

2 Likes

Haven’t even started my build yet and ordered one from Lowe’s for 59.98 tonight. Have they been holding up to rigorous use so far?

3 Likes

WHATTT!!!11!!

1 Like

Geez at that price I’m tempted to buy a backup.

I’m starting to wonder if these aren’t going to stick around once they sell out of current stock. I was in Lowes the other day and they were on a shelf with the oscillating multi-tools and not with the other routers.

That’s what I was thinking.

Shelves didn’t empty at $99, $89, or $79, so they are either testing the market for a price point, or clearing stock

They clear em out, so much for our warrranty!

I will have to reach out and see if they can tell me anything.

For $59 it is worth it to grab one if you are on the fence.

1 Like

I ran mine for 30 minutes the other day. still cool to the touch on the body. My Makita was almost burning me after 10.

Happy I switched

1 Like

Holy crap!

Me too.

That would be a bummer!

Yep. Or if you were debating upgrading to an IDEX. :slight_smile:

I wonder if there’s a revision coming or if they’ve decided not to keep carrying them.
It’ll be curious what they say.

3 Likes

My Makita is still running strong, but I just accidentally ordered a Kobalt. :grimacing:

I only get down to the States after new year. Hope I can still snag one!

(A long time ago I bought a Makita to play with and returned it. I still have that DW660 that I haven’t figured out a use for…)

The kobalt on the MPCNC in my “shop” has more than 10 hours on mine and it just ran a couple more hours today surfacing a piece of walnut. No complaints. There have been a couple reports of speed controller failure, but that is a warranty issue and it shows up immediately, so you swap it out. If I didn’t have 4 routers already, I’d buy another for $60. I like the kobalt. Mostly the light on it.

1 Like

I was just wondering if the lower bearings look like it can handle the loads placed on it?

Wow! Might have to check the price match policy if the in-store price is the same.

1 Like

Or maybe wait until June and see if it drops to $9.

1 Like

Wow, great price, guessing not a good sign for the product?

Created an outrageous thumbnail for the outrageously low price.

Was hoping to see this product do well.

4 Likes