$HZ on jackpot Fluidnc

Hello All,

Very new here…

I recently finished by MPCNC build and have successfully plotted the crown. But an issue I can’t seem to figure out, is after the program finishes it runs the $HZ command. When it runs this, the z runs for a long time to the point where the threaded rod fully exits the gantry. Eventually, it alarms and stops.

For the life of me, I can’t figure out how to set the home position of the z axis. Do I need to add endstop somehow to limit the z axis height? I tried running the G92 Z0 but again once the program was done, the z ran until it alarmed.

jackpot board with fluidcnc, created gcode in estlcam and loaded the fluidnc.pp config from the walk-through. I did have to remove the probe commands from start section from the code as I dont have one yet.

Thanks

Hmm. I don’t have MPCNC… but just wondering… is the $HZ (home Z) command coming from the “end gcode” section in ESTLcam?

Correct, I loaded this into estlcam

https://docs.v1e.com/img/jackpot/FluidNC.pp

As said to do in Jackpot CNC Controller - V1 Engineering Documentation

OK, maybe I’m clueless as I have LowRider instead of the MPCNC, but can you just remove the $HZ from the end code? Maybe I should just let someone more knowledgeable answer…

Thanks Doug, that’s a good idea. I’ll try replacing with moving to Z10.

I think you have the wrong ending Gcode. The MPCNC does not use $HZ (home Z)

This is for the Lowrider:
Ending Gcode-
M63 P1 ( stop spindle pin27 )
$HZ
M30

This is what you need for the MPCNC:
Ending Gcode-
M63 P1 ( stop spindle pin27 )
G91
G0 Z10
G90
M30

I think the documentation needs to be updated. It provides a link for the FluidNC.pp file which appears to be specific for the Lowrider but it doesn’t specify. While that page does list the different settings for both, it is a bit confusing. I also noticed the file doesn’t exactly match up with what is shown on the page.

https://docs.v1e.com/electronics/jackpot/#setting-up-estlcam

The issue is that the Primo does not have a Z max stop switch by default. You can remove the $HZ from your CAM, so that ot isn’t there.

Estlcam has optilns for where to leave the tool at the end of the job, with the dedailt at your clearance plane heighr over the XY origin. This works fine on machines that have no endstops at all, and is the way I leave mine. It usually means I jave to jog the machine out of the way, but I’m fine with that.

1 Like

Thank you all. Tomorrow I will update and give it a try.

I’m amazed at how fast the help poured in.

1 Like