Huge Sandify Update v1.0.0

This update is HUGE.

There is new style, a save/load, and the composition of complex patterns has been completely flipped upside down.

@bobnik has been the engine pulling this train along for about a half year. Be sure to thank him.

12 Likes

DANG!!!

@bobnik, You are an animal wow.

Ohhhh, my first feature to play with, “If you make a simple shape in CAM and import it as .gcode, you can now add a loop effect and take any shape as the kernel for sandify loops!”

1 Like

Thanks! This is an exciting release, with lots of cool new stuff, but by far the most useful is the save/load feature, so please try it out.

In addition, I’ve added a number of sample patterns you can load (grab the .sdf files) to see examples of what’s possible.

5 Likes

That “about” page is slick

2 Likes

hi…thanks a lot for the huge update…

One question @bobnik …where is the reverse path option ??

1 Like

It is in the Fine Tuning Effect.

3 Likes

Thanks jeff

1 Like

Hello all. Can someone tell me why when exporting in sandify a square machine in thr format, the rho is limited to 0.5 and not 1?

I saw your issue. I just haven’t looked into it.

I don’t think anyone does export thr for rectangular coordinates. My guess is that the normalization does something silly and limits that max.

You think rho=1.0 should be at the corners?

As a workaround, you can make a new machine that is polar, import the thr with rectangle limits and scale it to reach 1.0 before exporting again. Or use a polar machine and a square (or rectangle) mask to limit the motion.

Hi Jeff. for me the big advantage getting thr file is you can use is on every machine (square, round,…) getting the drawing scale between 0 and 1 in universal. And then just store the table dimension in your table so you can use same pattern on every table… so if you have many table size, the same drawing can fit.

So for me the more logical would be having the max length (1) to a corner of a square table…
I don’t really understand what sandify make to limit always the rho to 0.5…

Yes Jeff, your 2 solution can work but I was thinking more on a sandify bug maybe… what do you think?

When I get some time, I will change it. It just isn’t common for people to use thr with rectangular limits. So it isn’t a high priority.

I’m guessing the limit came from some oversight in the math. I’m guessing we use that 0.5 for something else and your test case was just never tested.

1 Like