How do I access V1Engineering's Marlin nightly build

In several of the topics recently the nightly Marlin build was suggested as firmware to experiment with either for new features or for bug fixes that have not yet made it into a Release. I’ve thrashed around on the V1Engineering’s github page, and I cannot figure out where to download a nightly build. I see the log files where the various versions are getting built and uploaded to ‘release’, but I cannot find the resulting files.

I have a little blurb here, https://docs.v1engineering.com/electronics/marlin-firmware/#github-firmware

I read that page. I’ve been over every pathway I could find on the actions tab. For example I can see where The Rambo dual end stop version #273 gets built, and the log file shows it being uploaded to “release.”

LogFile

What I cannot seem to figure out is the location of the resulting zip file. I don’t know if this is a permissions thing, or if I missing something. I have near zero experience with github, but their docs did not help me either.

They are called “artifacts” and they recently changed the UI. I hope there isn’t a permissions issue.

To get there, I clicked “actions” then one of the ones that says “scheduled” (those are nightlies from main). Then this was at the bottom.

I should mention that there shouldn’t be a good reason to use them unless you are working on new stuff. They are not far ahead of the releases and the differences are likely buggy.

You can also run the scripts from WSL or Ubuntu if you want to try out the scripts yourself. Again, I’m not sure the motivation other than trying to work on the next release.

I just checked on a private browser, works fine.

Click the actions tab, select the board you want, click on the most recent result, choose the artifact that matches what you want.

Thanks to both Ryan and Jeff. I’m not sure how I missed it the first time. I thrashed for awhile trying to figure it out.

I should mention that there shouldn’t be a good reason to use them unless you are working on new stuff.

I’m not interested in running it. I’m interested in understanding specific changes. For example, I don’t believe the fix in this topic has made it into a release, but it is in the nightly build. Or to poke around a bit for better understanding into Ryan’s ongoing laser changes including what 5V pin he enabled for lasers.

Yeah, there should be a new release tonight. We were only really tracking marlin releases at this point but the laser edits and Junction deviation calls for a sooner release. Those should be hardly noticeable to most users any emergency edits would warrant an immediate release.