Homing only one stepper per axis

Hello,

I am having problem with homing after I changed the firmware to the older.

The reason I changed to the older firmware was the issues with engraving on CO2 laser. Now I get great result however I have issues with homing.

When I home , the stepper on X axis stops when it hits the endstops but at the same time the other stepper from x axis also stops although it has not reached the endstop yet.

The same situation is on Y axis. I have no idea what I should change in the firmware.

I have mks V1.4 board so I am using ramps firmware.

Do you have an idea where to start from?

Please, see how it looks like:

// @section homing

// Specify here all the endstop connectors that are connected to any endstop or probe.
// Almost all printers will be using one per axis. Probes will use one or more of the
// extra connectors. Leave undefined any used for non-endstop and non-probe purposes.
#define USE_XMIN_PLUG
#define USE_YMIN_PLUG
#define USE_ZMIN_PLUG
#define USE_XMAX_PLUG
#define USE_YMAX_PLUG
//#define USE_ZMAX_PLUG

// coarse Endstop Settings
#define ENDSTOPPULLUPS // Comment this out (using // at the start of the line) to disable the endstop pullup resistors

#if DISABLED(ENDSTOPPULLUPS)
// fine endstop settings: Individual pullups. will be ignored if ENDSTOPPULLUPS is defined
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMAX
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMAX
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMAX
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMIN
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMIN
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMIN
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMIN_PROBE
#endif

// Mechanical endstop with COM to ground and NC to Signal uses “false” here (most common setup).
#define X_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop. MPCNC
#define Y_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false// set to true to invert the logic of the endstop. MPCNC
#define Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop. MPCNC
#define X_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop. MPCNC
#define Y_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop. MPCNC
#define Z_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop. MPCNC
#define Z_MIN_PROBE_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true // set to true to invert the logic of the probe.

// Enable this feature if all enabled endstop pins are interrupt-capable.
// This will remove the need to poll the interrupt pins, saving many CPU cycles.
//#define ENDSTOP_INTERRUPTS_FEATURE

//=============================================================================
//============================== Movement Settings ============================
//=============================================================================

Config-adv to turn on dual endstops, or just use my pre configured firmware, as you will need to edit the pins file as well.

1 Like

Ryan,

I tried to upload your firmware, but I got some compiling error.

I assume your firmware is free of engraving problems.

I will try once again and post the error.

Thanks.