Help X axis

help , :exploding_head:

my X axis (router carrige) is begining skip a steps wile cutting
have to turn it off for half houre to begin cutting good again
it was ok for a year now its been doing this in every job

Oil the lead screw? That fixed my problem

Please upload a picture of your machine, and your control board. CAM settings, anything will help here.

You gave no info to be able to help you at all.

1 Like

sorry here it is

x is the router
y is back and foward
z up and down
im using a btt skr pro board
and using aspire vertric as cam softwear
but this problem began on last friday
im not pushing the machine to work
it just like a 1hr or so

hello tim the x for me is the router

Yep sorry thinking primo

Did you check the belt tension? The grub screws on the stepper? Do you have a possibility to measure the stepper’s temperature?

My impulse reaction is heat. I would surmise that the X drive is overheating. The TMC drivers will drop current when they get hot, and won’t turn it back uo until they cool. Thks makes sense with the half hour rest period before it runs strong.

So… things that can make this worse than when it worked well…

1. Airflow. Is the heat sink plugged with dust, chips or blocked by wires?

2. Have you tried turning up the current? More current, more heat. (I found that I did need more current on the X driver than standard.)

3. Wire condition. As the X wire flexes, it may degrade, which increases resistance. More resistance means more work for the driver, means more heat.

Most of these can be patched with a better heat sink and/or a fan solution for the control board, but if it’s wires… those are just going to keep getting worse, so worth checking. On a LR3, only the X driver wires need to flex, the other wires should stay in place while the machine works. (Some people tried solid core CAT5 wire for motor extension wires, which work, until they break from flexing.)

Hi Philip

Belt and screw ok and the stepper
Temp cant mesure but is a bit warm

Hi dan

1. Heat sink ok
  2. I dont know how
  3. I Will change the stepper whit the wire but
    Do you thik the cat wire is Best

He says CAT seems good until it breaks. Other cables are better.

CAT wire comes in solid and stranded. Solid is common for permanent installation run in walls, etc. Stranded is better for wires that move a lot, like patch cables.

So, if you’re looking to buy lengths for a machine, I’d shop for longer patch cables rather than a spool.

What is your X driver current set to? I would not change anything yet.

Can you upload a picture of your control box please.

im a mid noobie i dont know that :melting_face:

If you look through the menus on the touch screen you will see a driver current section.

To keep your drivers cool you want to get those wires away from the heat sinks a bit more, nothing between them and bundle them further away.

hi Ryan
driver current for X is 900.0
and the wire ill move them away

Try bumping it down a little, 850. That and the wires should allow for more airflow and things to stay cooler. Then we can rule that out as an issue.

Ok, ill try that

And if I add another fan Will help?