Guinea Pig Box (Black Walnut with Maple Inlay)

Okay, here it is, my latest box. It’s a guinea pig for secret santa at school, the girl said she likes guinea pigs. Challenge accepted, I guess. She won’t be able to really appreciate it, being 11 years old, but it does not matter, was a fun project. And it looks gorgeous. :slightly_smiling_face:

Forgot to upload the DXF: guinea pig bw simplified.dxf (208.0 KB)

17 Likes

That is amazing. Extreme detail on that one.

You never know, that might just make it an heirloom. WOW, that is perfect.

5 Likes

Great gift! While she may not be able to fully appreciate what it took to make the box, I’m sure will she love it and appreciate the thought that went into it.

1 Like

I like it. A video coming soon?

2 Likes

Great box! Here’s the pig at my house:

1 Like

Soonish. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Awesome

Here’s the pig at my house.

He’s looking at me like, “What? Destroying people shoes is wrong?”

1 Like

Okay, very soon. Had a bit of time. :slight_smile:

This video is mainly there to show how fast and deep the LowRider can go. :slight_smile: I also edited the video without listening to the sound, so there is one swearword in there. It’s also marked as not for kids, so I’m good. Also, I am German and can do whatever the… You know how that goes. No censorship on German telly.

Also uploaded the DXF in the first post.

8 Likes

If you want to watch some old German (from 16 years ago) telly with Eminem discovering he can swear (Disclaimer: There is a LOT!! of swearing!), also, an Eminem Freestyle to weird music:

I watched it in (2x speed) and I liked it.

Makes me want to continue on my build that is going to slowly. Is the reversal of the axis something you think about often?

What did I do? :smiley: I didn’t reverse anything. I only made a max width X and shorter Y as to be able to make the table longer easily if I should ever want that later on. :slight_smile:

It’s getting late. It seems very natural to work and watch the lowrider do it’s thing with the max width X and shorter Y.

Very nice!

So you didn’t change anything else but the maximum X and shorter Y?

“Draw me like one of your French girls.”

Ah ha! my little flower!!! :heart:

(Dating myself, but used to love that cartoon as a kid)

4 Likes

I wondered how close you guys would look at that pic. I should have known. As far as pigs go, he is pretty tame.

2 Likes

My wife wants one as well. It’s Christmas soon, so better get started…

Pear with Black Walnut and Ash inlay. Yeah, it’s going to be a three-coloured pig.

7 Likes

Man I like your WOOD, lol

1 Like