Growing pains

My lowrider was to low. I changed it a bit with help from @jamiek openscad script.

It grew quite large. It will now accept 10 cm foam and a 10 cm endmill. The last one I haven’t found yet with a price I will not have to sell a kidney for.
Some pictures:

Before:

After:

And from the other side:

Note the large box with opencnc-shield is now screwed down. Everything works, including autosquare. Just have to do some wire management.

I just received a kit to make the pendant for the lowrider wireless. Also another open-cnc-shield with a lot of parts to solder. That one is going to my primo together with this pendant The lowrider gets the wireless one.

5 Likes

Monster machine. But for foam it should be fine. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

2 metres from nose to neck. layers of 75mm

4 Likes

if you home all the way up, does the leadscrew stays in the middle or does it wobble a bit? Have a larger side aswell and noticed (with 40cmm leadscrew) it moves a lot when going up/down. It does cut fine though.

I did not notice it, but I didn’t look for it. I wil look next time.

1 Like

no rush, was just interested to know as you have a large one too :laughing:

that’'s what my wife said…

1 Like

Why do I get the feeling you’re into carnal?

:sunglasses: [insert whiling emoticon]

1 Like

Dude that is a SkyRider. Why do you need so tall. Tools are not long.

Ooohh, that is a long tool! Have you tried it? Seems stability may be an issue. I wouls think thwe base would need widened.

I have a couple of eps insulation boards 10 cm thick. My bit is 7.5, couldn’t find a longer one for a reasonably price yet. I widened the base. It worked fine in the eps, did not yet try it on wood yet.

Kockie, where did you get the shopvac hose? I have a hard time finding the right size.

It comes off a broken vacuum cleaner

1 Like

Than I’ll have to search a bit more

I bought this one: https://www.amazon.de/VIDEFLEX-SL-AS-Meterware-Stahldrahteinlage-schwerentflammbar/dp/B07M6B3PXS/

It‘s really great, you should be able to get it as well, even though you aren‘t in Germany. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, I couldn’t order it in Germany but they sold it in the netherlands as well.

Now I need to find an adapter. Or model one myself.

1 Like

I’ve got a few. :smile: What do you need?

Or you can do them yourselves with open SCAD:

@azab2c did a great job remixing it. I’ve also got a “crooked” one to connect it to the dust shoe somewhere.

1 Like

Oh that’s great I just need one for this one with 50mm ID. I’ll try your parametric one. Thanks

that works perfect !

The result of the growing

All layers were cut by the lowrider and further carved by hand. Eyes could open and close (resised version from James Bruton) en contained a lot of LEDs, controlled by WLED