Golden Primo First build

The spiral crown looks fancy. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

A little off topicā€¦ But, this is the reason I had the image vectored. Messing with the laser at work. Can you guess where I work?

1 Like

You are a hitman for hire?

1 Like

Hahaā€¦ not quite! More like a supplier for said hit man.

I would guess in working there you give a significant percentage of your paycheck right back! What a cool place to work.

2 Likes

haha yeah I have definitely spent a decent amount, but at 62.5% discount who wouldnā€™t! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Finished these this afternoon and printed one to try out. I think it looks pretty good.

4 Likes

Small update.
I added a few supports to clean up the lip that covers the tube profile and started the final print before I left for work. One for each end of the x and y tubes. Also I fixed that unhappy looking dupont 4 pin in the third picture.

6 Likes

Those electronic connectors look good. i was thinking of swapping the them out for aviation plug connectors that have the screw-lock

2 Likes

Yeah I will upload the file when I get a chance right now Iā€™m about to head to work.

Hereā€™s my office!

2 Likes

I can only imagine how long it took to get the grind right. I would like to think I can can handle a grinding wheel with confidence, butā€¦now I know I am just a noob. The stack on the left looks a little scary, I have never seen one break, but I always act like it is about to happen.

1 Like

Iā€™ve only seen one break onceā€¦ I was definitely questioning my profession for a couple days. Those broken ones on the left where broken intentionally after being removed from the machine. We use the jagged edge to dress the honing wheel which is leather.

1 Like

It took about 2 1/2 years to get comfortable with all the models, blade shapes and different metals ( some of those super steels are pretty intense). Iā€™m sure with your mechanical mind you could figure it out. Itā€™s mostly just pressure and consistency that people struggle with.

1 Like

@wellthad - thatā€™s awesome. Iā€™d love to know more about how that facility runs. Iā€™ve forged a few knives but iā€™m trying to wrap my head around the mass production.

BTW, was very sad when Kershaw discontinued their TwoCanā€¦ my favorite keychain knife until TSA took it away (and then pocketed it).

1 Like

There is a lot to describe. So hereā€™s the short version Import materials, in house machined parts, out sourced coatings and finishes, assembly lines an entirely separate building for shipping a handling. Running it all about 300ish people between day shift and swing shift.

I am trying to get to that point I built my own forge even the torch heads. I ended up moving shortly after and itā€™s kind of been sitting in storage since.

1 Like

Back on topic! So Iā€™m nearly finished with wire management and I have hooked everything back up and all still works except Y2 doesnā€™t move when trying to home. Would this be indicative of having a bad endstop connection somewhere? The motor moves fine when Iā€™m just moving the Y axis itā€™s only with homing.

Iā€™d say the pulley is loose. At least it was in my case. :slight_smile:

Checked that. :confused:

1 Like