Garrett's Catan Set

“Banana for scale”

2 Likes

The board diameter is 55mm and the 3d printed pieces are 15mm in diameter.

15 Likes

Now I know exactly how big it is!
Huh a banana, crazy.

3 Likes
1 Like

Definitly interested, I would love to give one of these to my daughter who loves Settlers. Also if you would like too release your 3d printed files it would be great!

2 Likes

Here is a link to the DXF files I just put on thingverse. FYI, the dxf files are in mm.

Also, here are the different thinkgverse links for the 3d printed parts. You may need to scale some of them. These are all designs from other people.

There are also lots of other versions if you just search catan in thingverse.

9 Likes

Thanks!

Looks like we need another option in the primo calculator.

4 Likes

Awesome…now you need to cut and print all the expansions :wink:

Thanks. I printed the pieces for the cities and knights expansion because that is the only one we own. I thought about doing more tiles for seafarers but then I would need a new border so I decided against it.

1 Like

WOW!
I was contemplating 3d printing a catan board but CNC the board out of wood makes so much more sense.
then 3d printing the pieces.

3 Likes

Bonus points if you can figure out how to machine them out of sheep/wool, wheat, wood, brick and ore.

2 Likes

Could consider using making a mold for them, and casting epoxy pieces with the different elements in them.

C

2 Likes

How thick is it? It’s gorgeous!

1 Like

Beautiful! Reminds me a bit of the 3d collectors edition but doesn’t cost a thousand bucks.
Just needs the fancy chest:

3 Likes

Thanks. This is about 3/4 inch (19 mm) thick. I tried doing half that thickness but I didn’t think they felt as solid so I went with thicker.

1 Like

I didn’t know there was an official 3d version. I plan on making a chest for everything once its all complete. But it’s going to have to be a big box. I’ll try to post it whenever I get around to making it.

5 Likes

Storage was going to be my next question! Looking forward to seeing it

This is cool! I somehow never saw this thread until now. I had recently designed a Catan board that I laser engrave and laser cut out of 1/4" oak, and sell on my Etsy store. Here’s a link to a short video of that board: Catan game board, my own design work, 1/4” oak, 100w CO2 laser - #17 by DougJoseph

1 Like

Hey Garrett, I have been contemplating doing a Catan made out of wood for ages now and yours cought my eye here as well as on instructables and thingyverse (I am somehow always stumbling over it… :smiley: So I downloaded your files and noticed you cannot auto-trace them in Estlcam since all of the parts are multiple short lines. I converted the main files to single lines so you can program them more easily, here they are:

Edge_two_port.dxf (95.6 KB)
hex_blank_2.dxf (93.5 KB)
port_blank.dxf (86.1 KB)
Edge_one_port.dxf (95.0 KB)

Thanks for the great files! It will still be a while until I can find the time, but you never know. I also want to use different symbols, maybe my kids can draw some. :slight_smile:

4 Likes