Full Sheet Lowriders in Twin Cities MN?

Hello all! What a great community that shares so much good info with each other. Big thanks to Ryan too for all the design work and allowing us to use that design with few restrictions.

Long time lurker, trying to absorb as much knowledge as possible to make the best choices for me on my Lowrider build. I have all the 3d parts printed and all the rest of the hardware from V1E now.

I was wondering if there are any full sheet Lowrider owners in the Twin Cities MN who might be willing to cut the parametric CNC-cut table parts designed by Doug @ Design8Studio for me? Big thanks to Doug for all his work of that project. If not, I’ll probably build a temporary table, put the LR3 together and cut the strut plate and table parts before moving to the new table.

Thanks in advance for any and all responses.

2 Likes

I’m a bit too far away, and have a Burly rather than a lowrider, so can’t be of direct help this time, but using your machine to make parts that improve your machine is a basic multidisciplinary CNC rite of passage. I’ve been through this with 2 CNC routers, 3-4 different 3D printers, and a laser cutter.

I’m in the same boat. I have the gantry finished, but need to start on my table to cut struts, but also want to build one of the parametric torsion tables.

I’ll let you know if I get mine up and running. I’m down near Prior Lake.

@azab2c has got a great introduction to the LowRider that Ryan also linked somewhere where he builds a temporary “table” on the ground. Worth watching!

1 Like

Tom, you are right, it would be some great learning to build, use and rebuild. That looks like the path that I am going to end up with. Thanks again for the advice.

Matt,
Yeah, let me know if you get it built. I think I am going to build the top for the parametric table and use that as a temp table to cut the strut and parametric parts. Let me know how your project goes.

• Lance

Thanks for the response. I’ll try to find that post/thread.

Hello @Lredfield! Think Philipp was referencing the intro video at LR3 Docs > Assembly. Initially built a 4x9 Sled to start, but mostly use my bar height bench with 4’x2’ cut capacity, open front/back so could feed larger stock through, details in my LR3 build topic. Hope that helps, cheers!

1 Like