FreeCAD is hard

I found this recent and awesome tutorial on modeling from a master sketch, extracting shapes from that sketch, and then doing an assembly. I sent the guy some money because it’s so good, though of course I’ve seen his channel before.

cloning master sketch into 2nd body is what ive done in past

That tutorial, and several other links that might be of interest, appear earlier in the thread.
This thread has a good percentage of all the FreeCAD discussion so far. Perhaps it’s time for a FreeCAD specific section under the Software/Firmware category, as there is for Fusion360?

  • Al

+1 for freecad section @vicious1

I finished the second of 3 design and print tutorials and actually printed the result:

Ah, apologies, I didn’t see it up-thread.

No need to apologize. I just noticed that the thread has gotten so long that there’s a lot of the content that might get missed. In going back through the thread, I realized I’d linked to that tutorial twice myself, and someone else had linked to it too! Like minds.

  • Al

This has been done.

Man this deltahydra video is good! I think I will watch it 5 more times! He really covers things well!

Some of the things about the GOTCHAS, are really helpful!