frame help

hi

need help cutting frames for a 24 x 24 inch 3/4 inch rails I can pay for the materials and shipping to northern California.

thanks

Looks like you are using EMT conduit. That’s pretty easy to source (Home Depot or Lowes) and cut (it’s soft steel). Just grab a hacksaw when you are at the store if you don’t have one already (should be under $20) and cut them yourself. You will have to drive home with those 10’ lengths, but that’s why they put windows in the car. :slight_smile:

home depot will actually cut them for you as well at least mine does

I happened to have one of those wheeled pipe cutters, and it worked like a charm on EMT; no more than maybe a minute per cut, and that included the fiddly bit of getting the blade as close as possible to the measurement line, with no noise, minimal sweat, and only light cursing. And no nasty, jagged sawblade marks. Still picked up a deburring bit for my impact driver, and am very glad I did. Although that was noisy…

1 Like

I had finished cutting my pipe and had bought two different de-burring tools. Then I noticed that the roller cutter I had bought had a de-burring tool recessed in the head. Duh!

These cutters work well. I used them to do the 1 1/2" pipe that I used for my table legs too.

hi

thanks everyone I got a pipe cutter and will start soon.

thanks

1 Like