Forum update, new menu, options

5am is about the right time for lighting a fire if you’re smoking a brisket for dinner. Irish coffee or a mimosa goes well with that task.

I couldn’t do it every day either. I log in to work at 7am (usually).

Irish coffee… Now I’m thirsty.

Looks like V1E Discord has audio and video channels, could that be a hang out place for V1E community members?

1 Like

I really really don’t like discord!
But it does provide some really great services.

Like belonging to Tencent in big parts… :expressionless: I still use it though.

That’s a great idea! When I’m in front of the screen, I can just keep a voice/video chan in the background.

I am aaaaaall alooooooooooooone. :cry:

So I have to be up at 11pm to see the sage at the top of the mountain!

I was very up on the mountain today. Pond hockey tournament.

The ice is poor, no boards, very cold, the teams can be rough and the refs do nothing. I look forward to it all year.

Three games today and we play at 7am tomorrow.

6 Likes

The refresh kicked me out. I used to be logged in on the desktop and my phone. I got back in on my desktop, but I keep getting an error authorizing when on my cell phone. Did something change in the login?

The same username and password worked for me on fhe new domain. It should be identical except for the name.

Do you use a regular username/pw or a github login or something?

Github

Hmmm. I wonder if that has some specific alignment to a specific domain name…

Are you logged in to the same github account on mobile (on the same browser)?

You could also try changing your login settings to username/password and then back. Can we do that in the settings? I haven’t tried.

I resolved it by having the login link emailed to me and them i forwarded it to my email i use on my phone and then was able to use that link to get back in on my phone. Weird.

2 Likes

Aauu, sorry to hear! Seriously, I’m really up to a hangout! Let’s find a time. Tonight I’ve been out on town, a big closing party for the local film festival. I seldom get out, but it’s nice once in a while!

3 Likes

Probably. Am also unable to sign-in via github.

problem :
Github sign-in fails. End up directed to V1 Engineering Forum with this…

cause :
Error Response header is whining about callback url not matching what was registered, contains… “The+redirect_uri+MUST+match+the+registered+callback+URL+for+this+application.”

https://forum.v1e.com/auth/github/callback?error=redirect_uri_mismatch&error_description=The+redirect_uri+MUST+match+the+registered+callback+URL+for+this+application.&error_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.github.com%2Fapps%2Fmanaging-oauth-apps%2Ftroubleshooting-authorization-request-errors%2F%23redirect-uri-mismatch&state=03b0c950415354c444e458a66c8ae190b5a702c30779842e

workaround :
Working around by entering email address, then click on the email me a signin link option.

fix :
(Guessing…) V1E Admin needs to update Github’s OAuth Web sign-in with new domain. Similar change needed to other Auth providers (twitter, patreon) if not done already.

Yikes, let me see what I can do. Sorry about that.

That is insane. I could not be that active that early…and after a full day of playing the day before. Beast mode Heffe!

I do not understand how the sand on your beaches stays so white.

Today walking back from having a coffee with some friends:-

Really? You want me awake when??? :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Beautiful. Man, I’m on the wrong side of this precious marble in the vast 10 dimensional mostly vacuum cosmos in which we may, or may not exist. Apologies to any offended flat earthers.

1 Like