For LowRider or other CNC: magnetic tip for touch plate wire

DOWNLOAD LINK for printable magnet holder:
https://www.printables.com/model/446174-for-lowrider-cnc-or-other-cnc-magnetic-tip-for-tou

Two G-Code scripts for Probing to touch plate:
Two GCode scripts for Probe to touchplate.zip (2.1 KB)

For LowRider (or other CNC) this magnetic tip for your touch plate wire “lead” makes it easy and convenient and sharp looking.

Watch this quick video for about all you need to know on this printed part.

And for more cool details on using the GCode script and/or making your own touch plate, watch the second video (linked below) as well.

You can order the Tiny Touch Plate from Ryan at V1 Engineering for less than $9 here: Tiny Touch Plate – V1 Engineering Inc

It’s also possible you already have in your shop most or all the needed components to make your own touch plate. See list below. (If you don’t already have all or almost all of this in your shop, you probably ought to buy kit from Ryan at link above):

In the video, I mistook the two wire gauges as 20 and 24, but they were likely 18 and 22! Only one is needed, not both, and the 22 gauge is recommended.

Print settings:

• Print as oriented
  • Prints without supports
  • Enough perimeter walls to print solid, at least 3 to 4 depending on your wall thickness.

In case you need details on where to plug the wires from your probe (touch plate) into your control board, assuming a BigTreeTech SKR board on a LowRider using V1E firmware with dual end stops, the probe is to be connected to Z-min, as shown in this image:

… and discussed in this thread:

My PayPal tip jar: PayPal.Me

Various LowRider 3 CNC remixes: “LowRider 3 CNC Collection” Printables

View all my models and remixes on Printables “Design8Studio 3D models”: Printables

*Amazon product links are affiliate links.

2 Likes