Fishtacos MP3DP.

Sometimes. But not always.

z is pretty dang close.

x and y are a bit fat…

Looks like you’re making progress!

Can run cooling fan on 12V Aux pins on Ramps board. The board I received from Vicious had pins installed already. Some boards come without pins installed, but you can solder them in. Easier than plugging into green plug possibly.

Yeah I looked for that, and that’s what originally had me confused, because I don’t have pins there. So I’d have to solder it up. I got it wired in the green plug right now and the part fan on d9. I might do that when I get the bird’s nest of wires worked out.

Seems I have to do quite a bit of tuning, Maybe my belts may not be tensioned right, my layers don’t seem to be stacking right on top of each other. It’s not horrible, just a few thousands here and there. And the bed vibrates when it moves sometimes.

I wouldn’t do that…

You do not want to pull more power through the green connector than necessary. It is highly under spec’d and you can easily run into issues.

Isnt that what you said to do a few posts back?

Plug the fan in to the power supply or the power supply side of the green connector.

Yeah, its twisted to the wires coming off the power supply and inserted in the green connector with it.

What do you guys think about this ramps case? Anyone using a case for the ramps?

That’s the case I’m using. It works, but I have nothing to compare it to.

If you plug the fan into the green connector, then the power isn’t going through the connector to the fan, that’s what vicious is saying.

Well I got this printed in stage one of wire clean up.

I’m printing the new version of that right now…well just one with the wire hole on the left side instead. For the LowRider, just in case, never know what side you might want to use it on…

I wanted to ask you if you could screenshot your slic3r setting for the MP3DP. Or is there away to just copy you’re setting to a file? At least that way I could have a good starting base.

I’ve having some issues in print quality that I’m not sure how to fix, As this is the first time building a printer. My last one was pre made and calibrated from supplier.

https://v1engineering.com/import-extruder/

End of that page

Awesome! thanks.

I modified a case I found and split the top. I can send the file if you like. I forgot to punch out the power plug lol so it does need to be modified. But it worked ok for me.

Thanks for the offer, but I think I’m going to try the first box. I need to get some black pla/petg I have to much of one color going on right now.

@vicious I ran you settings in slic3r and it’s working wonderfully. Print quality seems a lot better now. Thanks.

This thing is kicking butt. It’s killing PETG, way better than my last machine. I just ordered some rolls of Orb polymer PLA. And I’m thinking I’m going to start on another MP3DP. I’m wanting to use birds eye maple, and maybe grey and black for the printed parts?

Are these the right pins for the ramps? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CGWVFWW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A28PCZ3GGXGBES