First Layer Issues

It’s PrusaSlicer.

On the “Print Settings” tab.

Default value for Ender 3 Pro profiles is 23%

And not that my printer prints perfect or anything….
But here’s what it looks like on my current print with that 23% overlap. It looks worse in the picture than it feels. Feels almost perfectly smooth to the touch.

(It is extremely hard to get a clear picture of a moving print…)

That looks right. If that what a default setting looks like then not sure if thats the culprit. Perhaps there’s a misalignment between the flat plane of the nozzle head and the bed? Not sure why one direction would be fine and the other would not unless there was an alignment issue.

I’d like to see you repeat that test, but with the part shifted -x and -y. The question is whether the ridges and tears move with the shifted part or (more likely) remain relative to the bed.

What I think I see is unevenness in the print surface/print bed. That’s causing low spots that ripple and high spots that tear (because of insufficent nozzle/bed separation)

There’s a small chance that I see uneven extrusion (flow),but only if I’m wrong about bed unevenness.

I sometimes see issues like this on the TAZ5, which is because it has a really crappy 4-point leveling arrangement and a largish 300mm+ square heated bed. I can get it to behave better when necessary by heating up the bed, then loosening to of the mounting tabs on one side, then after a few minutes re-tighten them after the bed has been at temp to stabilize. I"ve been using a 1mm nozzle and .6mm layer height lately on that printer so it’s less of a problem and the waviness like the upper right part of your photo gets smoothed out on the 2nd or 3rd layer generally.

Exactly what I think I see.