Firmware Issue

Hi all! I am not a programmer but I have used Arduino in the past for a couple of projects. I am getting some error codes and I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong? Any advice would be much appreciated.

I am trying to flash Marlin-MPCNC_Rambo_T8_16T_LCD_DualEndstop on my Rambo 1.4 with LCD display. I accidentally lost the firmware that came on the board when I purchased it. It was working and now I keep getting the following error message:

Arduino: 1.8.8 (Mac OS X), Board: “RAMBo”

In file included from sketch/MarlinConfig.h:32:0,
from /Users/scott/Downloads/Marlin/Zip Files/Marlin-1.1.x/Marlin/Marlin.ino:31:
Configuration_adv.h:1203:15: error: missing binary operator before token “(”
#if HAS_DRIVER(TMC26X)
^
Configuration_adv.h:1455:15: error: missing binary operator before token “(”
#if HAS_DRIVER(L6470)
^
Multiple libraries were found for “U8glib.h”
Used: /Users/scott/Documents/Arduino/libraries/U8glib
Not used: /Users/scott/Library/Arduino15/packages/rambo/hardware/avr/1.0.1/libraries/U8glib
exit status 1
missing binary operator before token “(”

This report would have more information with
“Show verbose output during compilation”
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Have another look at the firmware page, you need 1.9 or greater.

Ryan I tried the 1.9 beta version and get the same error?

Arduino: 1.9.0-beta (Mac OS X), Board: “RAMBo”

In file included from sketch/MarlinConfig.h:32:0,
from /Users/scott/Downloads/Marlin/Zip Files/Marlin-1.1.x/Marlin/Marlin.ino:31:
Configuration_adv.h:1203:15: error: missing binary operator before token “(”
#if HAS_DRIVER(TMC26X)
^
Configuration_adv.h:1455:15: error: missing binary operator before token “(”
#if HAS_DRIVER(L6470)
^
Multiple libraries were found for “U8glib.h”
Used: /Users/scott/Documents/Arduino/libraries/U8glib
Not used: /Users/scott/Library/Arduino15/packages/rambo/hardware/avr/1.0.1/libraries/U8glib
signal: abort trapAssertion failed: (isValid()), function getFilename, file clang/include/clang/Basic/SourceLocation.h, line 376.

missing binary operator before token “(”

This report would have more information with
“Show verbose output during compilation”
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Not sure about those errors. They do not look familiar at all.

It could possibly be the baud rate issue on some MAC’s, I am not sure which ones were effected but there is a note on the firmware page. Some needed slower baud rates for some reason.

I don’t think it’s a baud rate issue. Looks to be something related to the compiler. Check the lines before where the error occurs for an error or typo (missing syntax, improper comment mark). It looks like you’re using an old version of Marlin, before they segregated the code; marlin.ino in the newer versions of Marlin is just one big informational comment. I don’t know if that is contributing to it or not. Take a look at Ryan’s firmware page or his github page for the latest firmware.

As alternative approach you can try to use Visual studio code + platformio plugin (in the plugin add avr platform an u8glib library)

Problem solved! Thanks for all the input. I used a different computer and it worked perfectly. It might of been the baud rate?