file extentions .nc or .gcode for LCD?

I am ready to try the crown pen test. I saved the file of the crown all setup in estlcam to my desktop. I put that on my sd card and the put the sd card in the lcd, fired it up and scroll down through but can not find the crown file i made. I know it saved it as a .nc to my desktop. do I need to change it to .gcode to see it and read it on the lcd?

I got it. I need to change the .nc to .gcode so the lcd could see it i guess? But it works. I just ran a dry crown pen run up in the air to see how it would do. All looks good. I will have to try a pen on it next. Exciting to see it actually working.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvuQGRF3-Ns

2 Likes

If you follow the estlcam basics there is a setting in there that will default to gcode instead on NC. You really have to dig through those pics lots of little things in there.

1 Like

ok, hopefully, I am doing this right? If I power up and then jog down to my file on the LCD and click it the steppers just click like they are going to start but don’t. Like they are not getting energized. Because I can move them around with my hand the stepper are not enabled. But if I jog each axis first this seems to enable the steppers, then I can scroll down and click on the file in the LCD and it will run the file fine. Am I missing something in the beginning of the gcode to enable the steppers?

I am saving the file from estlcam to my desktop which is a .nc which my LCD doesn’t seem to see. So I change the .nc to .gcode and the LCD can see that. Is this the right thing to be doing? I’m still in the learning curve here. :slight_smile: why arn’t my steppers being enabled when I click on the file to run it?? Any ideas??

Yup I guess I missed that. I just changed it to gcode(thanks) and will try it again. hopefully it will start by just clicking on the file and run or i am missing another setting somewhere that energizes the steppers first?

Ryan, is this all that should be in the start of the gcode or is it missing something?

not sure why the file doesn’t start and run when I click on it in the LCD. Seems like I am missing some command in the startup that energizes my steppers? I have to jog each axis by the LCD first and the motors stay energized then I can click the program and it runs fine. Any ideas? this is going to rack my brain all night while I’m at work trying to figure this out. LOL

Ok so I’ve been thinking about this and maybe its the cheap 12v wall power supply I pulled out of my junk drawer. I think it’s trying to pull more power then it has when the program first starts up. Trying to enable all the motors at once is probably too much for it. I have a new power supply coming today. One that Barry suggested 12v 30a power supply. Unfortunately, I can not try it until tomorrow as I have to head to work. Hopefully that’s my issue. Makes sense to me. here is a pic of what I am using now.

The ratings on wall warts are usually best case scenario, in the lab, maybe cryogenically cooled ratings.

Ya it’s all I had to play with until my other one came in. I got the one you recommended. Thanks. Came in just as I was leaving for work, aaahhhh. I will try it out tomorrow. :slight_smile:

New power supply took care of the issue I was having. Everything works as it should now.

Woo! :sunglasses: