Estlcam set up

I am trying to set up Estlcam and the menus do not match the instructions

I don’t know how to add GRBL

Just click on it in the righthand menu.
Also, you might need to change your feedrate to mm per minute.
Everything else looks good.

is that not supposed to be Marlin

So I have done that and then I go to the next tab CNC Program preset/post processor, and select GRBL again?
OR marlin
When I click on the ext.post processor window. It sends me to a browser.

Which board are you using as a controller?

SKR pro

There is a pp file that you can download and just upload it there.

It’s here in the how-to:

Jackpot CNC Controller - V1 Engineering Documentation

Wrong board, whoops. :sweat_smile:

with the skr, if you are using marlin as your firmware, then use the marlin post processor selected in estlcam. If you are using grbl, then use grbl as the post processor setting. I have to switch that when I use my other CNC vs the mpcnc since my mpcnc that runs stock marlin firmware takes the marlin post processor and my other cnc runs a grbl variant. Just be consistent with your machine firmware and it should work. The selection is done with the basic settings option that @Nathan_Doty showed in screen shots above.

are you trying to use ecam as the control software as well?

I’ve only used it to generate the gcode, never needed to go into that particular screen. I did just now and it’s set to grbl as well, I’m guessing it pulled the setting over.

You know you can have different configuration profiles in Estlcam, right? I have got one for Fluid and one for Estlcam as the controller.

i know I can go to basic settings and just change that pretty easy…

I’d always forget. :smile:

i do forget sometimes. I’ll look into the configuration profiles.

Basically you just add Profile=FluidNC to a second shortcut in Windows at the end of the target line.

I was trying to set Estlcam up as per Estlcam basics it says to choose Marlin if his firmware I m
then it says to change file extension to G code so all programs can recognize it
How or where do I do that?
I was trying to print the crowd test. I ended up doing it with Repetier-Hosthad

Had success with that. thanks for all the replies.

1 Like

OK so I figured my biggest part of my problem was I was using Estel cam 12 the instructions are for 11 went back to 11 understanding much better thanks again