Electrics for the Portable Primo

I have finished (most of) the wiring for my Portable Primo build, and tested it out. Most of it is housed in a toolbox that is easy to tote to and from the car, though it is not light. See my recent post in the CNC Race thread to see it in action destroying some MDF.

I have put an album of photos of the electrical system on Google Photos. As always, click on the i with a circle to see the captions (or if you are looking at your phone, scroll down to the photo’s description.)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3884YH3myQrX54fJ9

4 Likes

What is left to do: Install cable chains that I recently received. Get my ESP32 temperature monitoring system to ping my phone if anything gets too hot. Decide how to implement a safe Pause function that triggers when the Emergency Stop is hit.

It’s becoming a bit of a recurring soap box for me, but I will say again - Emergency Stop is one thing, safe Pause is something else.

Especially on a system that is likely to be used in multiple, and often unfamiliar locations, and around inexperienced audiences for demonstrations, I’d want the E-Stop to clearly mean “Kill power to everything right now!”

1 Like

Before it mangles Little Jimmie’s fingers any more.

Yep, already have that (as described in the captions): the RCD TEST switch is both the Kill Power to Everything switch and my off button at the end of the day.

Cable chains installed!
I put them both up on wood angle moulding to keep them off the table, to allow me to load in long pieces from either direction.

2 Likes