Dust. Collection?

Does anyone have. a good STL file for the MPCNC with a Kobalt router?
Thanks,
Rick

That’s not for the Kobalt though. :sweat:

Yea I need one for the Kobalt
Thanks

The kobolt is just another makita clone.

I believe the diameter of the Kobalt router is slightly larger than the Makita.

What Jason says, the Kobalt is slightly larger and not a clone. Ryan gave feedback in the development process for instance.

1 Like

Its .8mm difference iirc. If you want to throw a caliper in the base of yours i can check the base of mine.

It won’t fit in a perfect 65mm hole, but id put money on any 2 piece attaching point will just squeeze a tiny bit sooner and work fine.

1 Like

I think the real problem is the way the tool mount is. The one for the Kobalt sticks out further from the core. I may try the one you posted and will. try to shim it so the router stays parallel to the core.

Thanks

Don’t blame me for camera angles until you start paying me better :laugh:

1 Like

Thanks Nathan, I’m going to print one tonight, I’ll. let. everyone know how it works out. ThanK you for the video!

A more adventurous build:

(Not Mine!)

The one Nathan posted doesn’t work, The head on the Kobalt router is larger than the others, So the mounts needed are fatter between the router and the core. As stated can’t shim because the bolt holes to the conduit won’t line up. Well I do have a Makita router and may just. change it out in order to have dust collection.
Thanks
Rick

Bummer that it doesn’t fit but I am still glad I was right. :yum::sweat_smile: