Hey guys, I flashed my Mega with Marlin and tweaked the driver voltage as low as I could…about .920…
I only have the motors, extruder and extruder fan hooked up…no heated bed and no end stops. When I try to manually jog, nothing happens… I’m thinking that I should get something, even something wrong (reverse movement etc) but I’m not getting any response from the machine.
The Arduino board is a Mega clone off eBay, as is the RAMPS 1.4…the DRV8825 drivers I ordered from your shop. I flashed the Mega with the RAMPS version of Marlin that I got from here. Once the driver voltage gets down just below .920 the voltage jumps back up to about 2.5 ( both these numbers vary from driver to driver by a 10th or so)
The hot end is a Bowden clone, again from eBay. The extruder motor is a 37 oz in from Stepper online, the other 4 are Minebea 76 oz in. I don’t have anything else hooked up, no heated bed and no end stops.
Repetier connects but any command sent to the board times out with no response from the machine.
As far as I understand, Endstops are not really required to limit the machine movement to a save range but to enable the machine to find the “home” position after a power cycle.
Usually the z is limited in the lowest position, you can set this to match the height of your bed.
x and y doesn’t really matter what I have seen from reprap machines they have x and y at most negtive position as well. The setting in the firmware have to match the direction of the steppers and the location at the machine.
Once I got the new drivers installed and adjusted, everything seems to be working fine. So now I ad the end stops…and they have no affect. They’re positioned to stop the hot end at the front left corner of the work area with it just touching the surface. Is there something I need to tweak?
The other “major” issue that I haven’t been able to figure out is, that when I try to print, the hot end rises to 35mm above the work surface, moves to position and starts printing without lowering back close to the surface.
Sounds like you are running the wrong firmware image. NC end stops shouldn’t be triggered until they break the connection, but the firmware (or firmware configuration) determines whether they are expected to be NO or NC, yours expect NO which is non-standard for the MP3DP firmware.
Thanks Bill, you were correct in your thinking…I had inadvertently uploaded an incorrect version of the firmware. But after correcting that with the version for the MP3DP, I’m still having major issues.
Even though my end stops now show correct response to m119, the machine is still ignoring the end stops as well as trying to print before the head is at temp and moving the wrong direction when under manual control…or moving the wrong axis.