Der Froschkönig - Lowrider 3 in Oldenburg, Germany

Where did you get the cable chain?

Oh, that. It’s kind of a hybrid thingy somehow. You can’t use that version with the digital input outside of a CNC and all the others look exactly the same and don’t have any other hardware, so they are only build for that. So they either directly replace a Makita (but being more powerful) or in my case they replace the Makita with the advantages of a digitally controlled spindle but without the need of having a frequency inverter.

3 Likes

It’s printed. I really like it, but taking the tiny bits out gets a tad annoying. :smiley: But you only do it so often…
You can find it here: AR cable chain link opened by arek_r1 - Thingiverse There are also different sizes, the one on the side is a bit bigger, the one on the X is too small now for the touchplate cable, I attached it on the outside now. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Awesome. Can’t wait to see what you build with it… As well as how fast you will go :rofl:

die Autoban Geschwindigkeiten von CNC (I do not think I said that right… Only got to German II :flushed:)

It was pretty close. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I took this as a challenge and changed my cutout for the next box I was doing from a 3.175mm 1-flute to a 6mm 2-flute and shaved the time from ~33 to ~7 minutes. :smiley:

Here is the full video with a few mistakes I made because I switched rather spontaneously and left the wrong tool for the finishing pass. And apparently I deleted two holes… :smiley:

The dust collection can’t catch it all. It’s a bad Pokemon trainer…

It stopped twice because my touchplate ghost triggered (there isn’t one connected…). Need to fix that somehow. I finally fixed my loose endstop though, so no more wrong triggers there. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

It would be pretty cool with a matching v1e cable chain? Maybe with the logo in some way?

It‘s still there btw… Your prediction might have come true. :smiley:

Lol, yeah

1 Like

Do you have a link to the mounts on the core and on the struts? I may have missed it in the topic :confused:

Damn… after switching to 6mm bits based on your advices I was pretty happy with my new personal record of 4mm DOC at 3000mm/s in particle board…
Now you give me a new challenge! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I don’t exactly know which mounts you mean, sorry. Could you specify?

I aim to please. :sweat_smile: I am trying to push it. I know that most people here say it does not matter how long it takes since it is a hobby, but I want to. I don’t know why exactly. Maybe because at the moment workshop time is tight. :smile: The CNC sounds horrible with those speeds, but there is no stuttering that appears with other cuts that are a tad too fast. And nearly all professional CNC videos sound the same. One gets so used to the 10k rpm that is so quiet. :slightly_smiling_face:

The 3k looks really nice, like butter.

2 Likes

The part where the dragchain attaches on top of the core+ the channel where it sits beside the struts :slight_smile:

BTW, what spindle speed are you running for those rapid cuts?
I Always fear I may burn the cutter if I spin too fast…

1 Like

I’m not certain this is what you’re asking about, but maybe this is what you were asking for? Designs I made and posted on Printables:

LowRider 3 CNC - Drag Chain Mount (v1.0)

LowRider 3 plasma CNC - Drag Chain Mount revised for large 20x40 drag chain (v1.13)

LowRider 3 CNC - Large Drag Chain 90 curve raceway (SEE VIDEO: Large Drag Chain on both X and Y axes)

2 Likes

Yeah, Doug’s first link is where I got them. :slightly_smiling_face:

24k rpm. It’s not been a problem so far. If you burn it, you are not going fast enough. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Heck yeah, nice! Try a bit deeper, looks like you still had plenty of room for more material removal.

Well I just learned yesterday that 16mm DOC at 1500mm/s in oak is a no go… Ask me how I know -_-

1 Like

:sweat_smile:

That would be really hard to do even for a non-plastic CNC. I have been using the Sorotec App and use their settings as the ceiling.

DOC is the hardest to increase. The rule of thumb is 1x diameter in hardwood, 2x diameter in softer wood. 15 is 2.5 in hardwood. :smile:

2 Likes

Yeah the hardest part is getting the chips out. You can go nuts in a pocket but slotting is a beast. Definitely get to the 1xD depth though.

2 Likes

Blood for the blood god! :smile:

6 Likes

Now that is super cool. I have never seen wood that color.

1 Like