Der Froschkönig - Lowrider 3 in Oldenburg, Germany

The good thing is just extrude the bottom mount up 10 more mm, no problem and the top one doesn’t do too much so do the same for that, 10mm up and that little bit of bracing will be plenty.

1 Like

How can I exclude a part from being extruded? I only need to extrude the “circle” part of the bottom mount, but don’t know how to. The whole model is a hot mess behind the curtain… :sweat_smile:

/edit: Found a workaround. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Should be able to hit extrude and select just the face you want to extrude

1 Like

Yeah, but it’s one face. I extruded it, made another line on it and pushed the other part back again. Might have worked the other way round as well. :smile:

1 Like

Okay, now I am happy. If everything goes well the spindle is also perpendicular later on. :joy:

5 Likes

It works, it’s brilliant. Thanks to @Tobs_e and his grounding tip I can now really use my touchplate for the first time as well. The screw touches the router’s body, the plate itself can be quickly attached and taken off. Absolutely amazing!

6 Likes

I wish there were more of those around and we got some economies of scale happening. Compact form, nice overall design for CNC. Glad to see you get it dirty so quickly!

3 Likes

My in-laws were here and I got nearly 2.5 hours of uninterrupted workshoptime. It was really, really nice. :slight_smile:

If I hadn’t been able to buy it used, it would never have happened. I can’t really justify spending 500€ on something if it is all working. But the RPM changes via software are really something cool, it just starts the spindle when it’s go time. Now I have to adjust all my settings from 24k in the tool list though… I am not sure yet when to use the minimum RPM of 3500 though. :smiley:

It also feels to be much more rigid because the bottom mount grips the tip of the spindle and not, unlike the Makita, somewhere in the middle.

The dust shoe also fits. I added one of the magnets and it eliminates all the tiny noises. :slight_smile: Getting it over the nut is hard, but works.

2 Likes

Ohhhhh dang! 2/3/4 flutes

1 Like

Model for the mount now published on Printables: Printables

3 Likes

Not super interesting, but since you are all big nerds it might interest you. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Interesting, I didn’t expect it to be encased.

I do not understand what you mean, sorry. :stuck_out_tongue:

I was expecting a spindle to look more metal and less plastic

Where did you get the cable chain?

Oh, that. It’s kind of a hybrid thingy somehow. You can’t use that version with the digital input outside of a CNC and all the others look exactly the same and don’t have any other hardware, so they are only build for that. So they either directly replace a Makita (but being more powerful) or in my case they replace the Makita with the advantages of a digitally controlled spindle but without the need of having a frequency inverter.

3 Likes

It’s printed. I really like it, but taking the tiny bits out gets a tad annoying. :smiley: But you only do it so often…
You can find it here: AR cable chain link opened by arek_r1 - Thingiverse There are also different sizes, the one on the side is a bit bigger, the one on the X is too small now for the touchplate cable, I attached it on the outside now. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Awesome. Can’t wait to see what you build with it… As well as how fast you will go :rofl:

die Autoban Geschwindigkeiten von CNC (I do not think I said that right… Only got to German II :flushed:)

It was pretty close. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I took this as a challenge and changed my cutout for the next box I was doing from a 3.175mm 1-flute to a 6mm 2-flute and shaved the time from ~33 to ~7 minutes. :smiley:

Here is the full video with a few mistakes I made because I switched rather spontaneously and left the wrong tool for the finishing pass. And apparently I deleted two holes… :smiley:

The dust collection can’t catch it all. It’s a bad Pokemon trainer…

It stopped twice because my touchplate ghost triggered (there isn’t one connected…). Need to fix that somehow. I finally fixed my loose endstop though, so no more wrong triggers there. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes