Daedalus Spindle alarm LED flashing continuously

I’m converting my mpcnc from 3DP to cnc. I picked up a 600w daedalus spindle kit a while ago, wired it up this past week. The alarm LED is flashing red.

According to the manual that means one of two things:

1. abnormal voltage, ensure that the voltage is stable.
    • I checked at power supply, confirmed 46.1V, constant on my multimeter.
  2. In standby or semi-standby, check the status of the spindle, if the idling status is not always on, it is ok.
    • I have no idea what this second item means. I don’t see anything on the spindle.

Per wiring diagram:
Positive/Negative wired blue/brown on power supply
U/V/W wired Red/Blue/Black per manual, any way to confirm U/V/W on motor?
Control plug wired from Daedalus, think it makes sense, could check the pot wires.

Any other ideas to check?

Thanks,
Jon

Sounds to me like the controller detects the spindle control is set to something other than zero (OFF). The U/V/W sequence at the motor is irrelevant, it just determines the direction of rotation (standard 3 phase theory).
I suggest you try switching off, removing the wires from EN and SV, connect SV to GND and switch back on… does the alarm stop?

Awesome, thanks for the help. That’s where the problem was.

I think Daedalus didn’t strip the wires enough on that control plug. It was crimped onto the insulation.

The light blinks when the power on/off switch is set to off now. I guess that’s the standby mode. Flipping the switch on turns the light green. Speed control works now too.