Custom LR3 Strut Contest

I like the way this 2-A looks with the X belt. The only thing slightly off-putting to me is that from a distance the V1 logos kinda look like left arrows in the image. Not sure how that would translate to the actual full-size strut.

Assuming it looks ok in person, this is my favorite so far.

1 Like

Assuming the LR3 homes to X-min as is typical, we could say the logo “arrows” are pointing the way home! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hope I’m not throwing cold water on the LR3 logo here, but IMO the 3 kind of looks like a ?. The lettering looks great (love that font), but the number detracts from it a bit (IMO)

3 Likes

If I can find out what font Peter used, I could use the same. I could not find it in normal searching.

That 3 (in my version) is from a Belair font, in relation to the Chevy Belair nameplate type look of the overall logo.

1 Like

Also, for what it’s worth, here is a “3” shown in the same “D3 Roadsterism” font used on the name (used by both Peter and me):

2 Likes

How about the 3 from here as a replacement? Looks like it would flow off the end the same way

Not necessarily the full outline, but just the shape being more clear it’s a 3

something like this, but with the 3 a little bigger maybe?

Big improvement (IMO). Might look even better if you were able to remove the trailing section and end the line at the 3 (to match the start of the line at the L)

1 Like

Possibly. I do have color matched paint from when I originally built it. Should have seen the look on their face when i brought in 2 3d printed parts to get color matched LOL.

BUT I am leaning heavily toward back lighting with LED so that would mean all your logos and writing would be cut all the way though.

Really though with any of your designs @DougJoseph either option can easily be accomplished. I just need @bitingmidge to hop a plane over here to FL and “show” me how to polish them mirror like LOL

2 Likes

I thought the same thing, only tonight when I rendered it.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it’s Dymaxion. I overlapped it to overcome that “trailing” issue that @Michael_Melancon is discussing.

I’m not home till Tuesday, so hold tight and I’ll confirm it for you - or you can just download the. dxf file from Printables if you can make that work.

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Winner Winner (Chicken Dinner)!

1 Like

For this strut design, I like that. But for @bitingmidge side covers, I like the big 3 in the background…decisions, decisions…

3 Likes

I don’t think it needs the “3” really.

1 Like

Absolutely, countersunk screws shouldn’t add anything. I am pretty sure the closest thing is the endstops screws? You should be able to go as thick as the top of the M5 screws (if you counter bore them).

1 Like

The Alba font has some potential, although there are aspects that are challenges.

• The Alba font’s thinnest relative weight is heavier than the existing name.
  • The Alba font is not slanted while the existing name (Roadster style font) is.
  • Skewing the 3 from the Alba font alters its appearance, possibly leading to the same “question mark” impression.

In this screen shot, at right is original Alba 3. Next to is, a contour to adjust the weight. Finally, next to that is a skew for matching the name.

Awesome! That’s what I was thinking. But wanted to double check I wasn’t missing anything. Thank you!

I had just worked up a similar one:

1 Like

Getting an idea in line with your style is not easy. I have used fiverr a few times and getting something decent is not easy. It really takes a lot of words to get what you might like. Or a few tries to figure out what you don’t like to help steer the boat in the right direction.

Design boards help, so any pictures of things you think are cool, colors, like the idea of the Blue Angles that helped.

1 Like