Custom LR3 Strut Contest

Thanks Doug, of course you are absolutely correct! I was all distracted by lots of little V1 logos! I have a week or two.

3 Likes

I didn’t even think about that either and I’m glad he brought it up. And little v1 logos are always awesome!!!

2 Likes

Something else I thought about this morning. If @vicious1 decides to put in an entry and wins… A gift card to his own shop wont do him much good lol. So if that happens I will use them to buy something from the shop and leave a $60 tip.

2 Likes

If and if, I would want you to run another contest of some sort and chose another winner to get your 60! I already have some aluminum strut plates I am dying to put to use!

3 Likes

Deal. Cant wait to see your entry!

Waiting to see what you come up with as well @DougJoseph :sunglasses:

1 Like

I thought Saturday morings in the 80’s no ideal how it relates t o anything military sorry im out of date.

@Jonathjon

OK, I have a design, but with two variations. I guess that’s two entries. Is more than one allowed?

Note: The second variation (“B”) includes the “LR3 nameplate” based on @bitingmidge Peter H’s work, so if it wins, some of the winnings ought to go to him.

Also note: These designs are intended to have the black portions pocketed and painted, as discussed above!

Here’s variation “A”

First, consider what it would look like with the X belt going across it:

And here it is without the belt superimposed:

Finally, here is the SVG file for the “A” variation:
v1.0-A

Here’s variation “B”

First, consider what it would look like with the X belt going across it:

And here it is without the belt superimposed:

Finally, here is the SVG file for the “B” variation:
v1.0-B

5 Likes

“hey hey hey, what do you say?”

5 Likes

That’s very kind @DougJoseph , but seriously it’s in the public domain to share and remix culture allowed so just go for it!

1 Like

Got, or looking for a reason to own :slight_smile: , a diamond engraving bit? Or something else with fine enough tip that’ll let you have 2 or more overlaid/tiled designs on the Strut…

e.g. Maybe engrave the names of engineers and personnel behind the Blue Angels images/silhouettes.

Figuring that we of all people, deeply appreciate the time, energy, dedication and Teamwork that goes into creating and maintaining the impressive machines the Pilots are able to so masterfully control.

Let me know if interested and I’ll try to figure out better aspect ratio for the render.

Pulled enlisted members info from U.S. Navy Blue Angels | Enlisted Team . Love the “Master Chief” title.

If interested, do you think the Blue Angels personnel looking at this Strut would appreciate their title included, for example, should names be listed as…

CMDCM(AW/SW) Eric McDermott, Baton Rouge, LA
or Eric McDermott, Baton Rouge, LA
or something else? Sorry for my ignorance.

Intentionally included where people are from. I deeply appreciate the diverse set of people it takes to create the best Team.

Cheers!

2 Likes

@DougJoseph Love it! Epically the B variant!

@orob Very nice!

@azab2c I love the idea and I do have a diamond drag bit. But not sure that’s something I would really want. I’m in no way tied to the blue angels other than I live in the town and enjoy watching them. And I don’t come from a military’s family. I have absolute respect for every single person in the Military’s no doubt. But that is not really the path I would choose.

3 Likes

I figured it wouldn’t be any fun if you didn’t at least have a couple to choose from… I don’t have an LR3, so the nuances of it escape me.

The first thing that came to my mind was Fat Albert’s voice from the cartoon and I chuckle each time I think of it. Maybe it could be “Hey, Hey, Hey, what are we cuttin’ today?” With the cartoon guy riding the Blue Angel’s C130 kind of like snoopy rides his dog house. That is beyond my time budget. Best of luck on your new setup.

2 Likes

Just a little bump for today and to add this. I would love to see some ideas that DONT have the nick name in there. I’m not sold on having it and honestly wish I wouldn’t have put that in the start of the thread but too late to go back now LOL

1 Like

Does your workshop/studio have a name or logo?

1 Like

Our Business name is “North Woods Custom Creations” We have a logo of sorts but I HATE it. Only paid $20 for it on fiver but got $5 worth of work LOL.

Is this it?
[ link removed to wrong FB page that was not his… :slight_smile: ]

1 Like

No sir. No Wisconsin here LOL. I don’t even know if we have a FB page lol.

So it is yellow and blue and you will make custom creations with it… What kinds of custom creations? I’ll take another go at it. No nickname or air for e stuff. Do you have a web page?

Ah. What is your current logo that you hate? What does it look like?