CNC Project idea websites

Added another one. Similar to 3axis.co

3 Likes

Found another - the Maslow community garden

https://maslowcommunitygarden.org/index.html

The Maslow community garden is a place for community driven open source designs to live.

The garden is different from other design sharing sites in three ways.

Discussion

To encourage discussion each project is automatically linked to a topic in the Maslow forums. GitHub provides each project with a wiki, issue tracking, and community management tools.

Repositories

Instead of having static files controlled by a single project creator, the garden stores files in GitHub repositories making it possible for the community to collaborate, contribute, and maintain a projects design files.

5 Likes
1 Like

Oh man. My grandpa made me that rubber band race car when I was a kid. It was fun. I had rubber bands as the treads on the big wheels too.

My dad bought some hardwood firewood while we were at his house and after we left my grandpa used it to make some kid toys for us. This car was one. There was a rubber band gun (which I still have). Knowing my grandpa, it was probably cut on a scroll saw and then hand tools to shape it. His workshop was probably 5x12’ and it just had one big workbench. I’m guessing the design was in a magazine.

Good memories. I will have to make my dad this rubber band car and see if he remembers.

7 Likes

https://www.betterblock.org/library

1 Like

Added plans with free and paid plans. He has a very good tutorial on how to build cutting boards:
https://mtmwood.com/download/tutorial.pdf

2 Likes

Someone with a full sheet do this. :smiley:

2 Likes

PLEASE!!! This is too awesome.
Bar/ play station/ fun seat/ picnic table?!?!

1 Like

Starting with the bar, then playhouse and finishing with the rocker would be a recipe for disaster!

Depends on whether the barkeeper or the guests are drunk first and in which direction it falls… :smiley:

1 Like

Does the rocker rock? Or does the heavier guy just get to be comfortable while the lighter woman tries not to fall off?

Depends how well they are getting along I guess. :blush:

2 Likes

Not sure if this should be included or not. Not really CNC oriented as such but lots of project ideas Woodworking Projects – Free DIY Projects & Plans – Ana White

1 Like

Nothing stopping anyone from making them CNC! Wood is wood :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looking through…

Led me to…

Web + javascript alternative to OpenSCAD. Personally like the idea of using javascript’s language constructs rather than OpenSCAD’s functional/declarative syntax.

1 Like

It blows my mind how you guys just know all this programming stuff. Thats always been like a foreign language to me LOL. But I guess I don’t get much exposure to it being a boat captain LOL

3 Likes

LOL, I’ve lost count of how many people I excitedly tell (when talking about V1E Community) about how you Captain a yuge unusual ship that builds/maintains oil rigs :slight_smile:

6 Likes

lol my wife knows many of you by name just from me talking about it so much!

As far as work goes I guess I’m just numb to it after 22 years. But I’m glad everyone enjoys when I do post stuff about it. Nice to bring a change of pace every once in a while lol

9 Likes

If you have any interest, I highly recommend trying programming out. You can literally just copy and paste examples and learn a ton.

It definitely takes a long time to get good at it. And almost no one can code on an island without the internet. We all look stuff up all the time.

But learning any coding helps you see things in a different way. Being able to break problems down and automate tasks is something you can learn from other sources, but programming is very good at teaching these things.

And once you know a little, you can be very powerful. Being able to make something from your mind into wood is great, but it requires an actual piece of wood. You can make software and then just copy and paste it onto 1000 computers. Or make a microcontroller do what you want, 1,000x per second, is pretty cool.

5 Likes

I definintly have an intrest for it. Problem is I cant stay focused on it long enough. For me it has to be something im trying to do. Learning how to just do random things doesnt work well for me. I can stay much more focused when there is an end goal. Also when i hit a wall that i cant figure out its very easy for me to get frustrated and just move on to something else lol. really hoping once they finally get my ADHD meds straightened out that these type things will be much easier. I know it makes a huge difference when i try to do something in fusion LOL.

Do you have any links for learning things that you suggest? most of any “programming” type stuff i have learned has been for something specific like homeassistant or marlin firmware. But thats not really programming at all. And the homeassistant stuff evolves so much and so fast that everything you find is already outdated. So i would say learning in that type of environment would be easier for me to stay focused because its something i do use and would LOVE to be able to do so much more with.

2 Likes