CNC pre-buying questions

I agree with you David.
Except, in this case, I had 2 employees check while I watched them do it.
Small town and they know me
In the other case I did it, myself, with my brand new Wixey calipers.

I’m going back in and re-try, maybe later today.

Right now, I’m stuck and wanting to order

2 Likes

No point spending any money until we are confident the parts will work. Returning is expensive so starting with the proper foundation is necessary for a fun build.

1 Like

I found a small piece of 3/4" conduit I had laying around and checked measurements and it was right on.
Heading back in town in a little with my calipers and my piece to verify theirs.
Hopefully, I do better today.

I did add up all the pieces in the cut calculator and came up with a little more than 20’ of conduit.
I’ll bring that home if I find it
Then I can order and start my table build.

I’m excited to get started.
My neighbor, Punxsutawney Phil tells me an early spring so I can get out in to the shop

2 Likes

Early spring?? We haven’t had winter yet!

1 Like

Shut. Up.

2 Likes

I’m a fan of global warming.
Can’t see the downside to it from where I’m at.

And to get back on track, I found conduit so it’s time to order

Yay!

1 Like

It was 71 in Denver on Sunday, and 67 in Miami. We are paying for it though. It is about 20F and we had about 12" of snow yesterday and today.

Meanwhile…

Meanwhile… from the north pole:

4 Likes

A cab on your tractor - wuss! Don’t tell me it’s heated! :grinning::angel:

I have a similar setup, except mine is orange (kubota) no cab, and my blower is manual adjustment. Best snow removal purchase yet - haven’t needed it once since I got it :grinning:

1 Like

Well, I guess I will quit whining about having to wear pants and shoes instead of shorts and flip flops…I feel like the biggest wuss here.

We are supposed to get snow tomorrow, but I’m sure it will be negligible. The forecast is up to five inches but they always do that over such a wide area. It was 24 degrees science units on Sunday!

Some winter I am going to go where it is snowing and enjoy it. I grew up with snow in the winter. Now it snows one day and is gone the next.

Finally ready to order as soon as Ryan get’s the Rambo 1.4 boards back in stock.

I’m not yet a proper grownup. The tractor’s a neighbor’s. One day I will be a real adult and own my own tractor. I did feel something close to it when I got my own air compressor, but the tractor is surely next level!

2 Likes

Is that a pto driven snow blower on the back??

I’m pretty sure it is – looks just like the mine at least…
They’re a beast at eating heavy snow, but you have to drive backwards while using it.

Sorry for jacking your thread.

No worries.
May as well talk about the weather until we can start building an MPCNC.
LOL

1 Like

We got all the way down to 35F today. Nothing but rain. They’re supposed to get a little snow North West of here.

I keep telling the wife I want to pick up a Ford 8N for our little piece of property. Not really useful as we don’t have that much property, but I want to rig up a small trailer for towing the neighbor kids around on Halloween. I could use it for mowing the ‘field’ that we have.

or

or

16N?

1 Like

Nice looking tractors.

My 1949 Farmall Cub, Betsy isn’t real pretty but she’s a hardworking girl