Build size and parts ordering

Looking to build the Primo as a 24” x 24” size the calculator calls for 3874 mm. Is this a standard size for the build and will that amount come in the parts kit? I’m assuming it will but I just want to double check before ordering

Hey, the size is okayish but on the larger side. It could introduce chatter in the middle. The calculator on the V1 Website gives you the exact length you need: Calculator - V1 Engineering Documentation

FYI
There isn’t any conduit or tubing in the parts kit.

What is the typical build size that people do?

I think about 18" square is pretty typical. Default build size is 13" × 17.75". Take a look at the belt that comes in the kit, it will say what it is adequate for. You may need a bit extra. I get about 4m needed for 24" square, kit ccomes with 3m default.

Mine build size i can do 18*24 inches. Now that said i do not ever plan on metals. Only wood!

So for a 24” X 24” work surface, would I be better off with the 1” conduit?

NO!! Be careful sourcing your material. 1" conduit and 1" tube are NOT the same thing, Ryan’s plans have options for 1" tube but not for 1" conduit. The outside diameter of 1" tube is 1.0" and the O.D. of 1" conduit is 1.163"

1 Like