Boy did I screw up !

ok, i must have messee up the post about v1.0. I triedto flash 1.0 but when compilation started I got massive errors, see below. (Theres much more of the same errors repeating)

Build options changed, rebuilding all
In file included from sketch\MarlinConfig.h:26:0,

from sketch\Marlin.h:36,

from sketch\Marlin_main.cpp:223:

pins_RAMBO.h:178:29: error: pasting “/* AUX-4*/” and “_RPORT” does not give a valid preprocessing token

#define BEEPER_PIN 79 // AUX-4

^

sketch\fastio.h:64:32: note: in definition of macro ‘_TOGGLE’

#define _TOGGLE(IO) do {DIO ## IO ## _RPORT ^= _BV(DIO ## IO ## _PIN); } while (0)

^

sketch\buzzer.h:62:7: note: in expansion of macro ‘TOGGLE’

TOGGLE(BEEPER_PIN);

^

sketch\buzzer.h:62:14: note: in expansion of macro ‘BEEPER_PIN’

TOGGLE(BEEPER_PIN);

^

pins_RAMBO.h:178:29: error: pasting “/* AUX-4*/” and “_PIN” does not give a valid preprocessing token

^

sketch\fastio.h:64:59: note: in definition of macro ‘_TOGGLE’

#define _TOGGLE(IO) do {DIO ## IO ## _RPORT ^= _BV(DIO ## IO ## _PIN); } while (0)

^

sketch\buzzer.h:62:7: note: in expansion of macro ‘TOGGLE’

TOGGLE(BEEPER_PIN);

^

sketch\buzzer.h:62:14: note: in expansion of macro ‘BEEPER_PIN’

TOGGLE(BEEPER_PIN);

^

pins_RAMBO.h:178:29: error: pasting “/* AUX-4*/” and “_RPORT” does not give a valid preprocessing token

^

sketch\fastio.h:62:41: note: in definition of macro ‘_WRITE’

#define _WRITE(IO, v) do { if (&(DIO ## IO ## _RPORT) >= (uint8_t *)0x100) {_WRITE_C(IO, v); } else {_WRITE_NC(IO, v); }; } while (0)

^

sketch\buzzer.h:70:7: note: in expansion of macro ‘WRITE’

WRITE(BEEPER_PIN, LOW);

^

sketch\buzzer.h:70:13: note: in expansion of macro ‘BEEPER_PIN’

WRITE(BEEPER_PIN, LOW);

^

pins_RAMBO.h:178:29: error: pasting “/* AUX-4*/” and “_WPORT” does not give a valid preprocessing token

^

sketch\fastio.h:51:51: note: in definition of macro ‘_WRITE_C’

{DIO ## IO ## _WPORT |= _BV(DIO ## IO ## _PIN); } \

^

sketch\fastio.h:74:21: note: in expansion of macro ‘_WRITE’

#define WRITE(IO,V) _WRITE(IO,V)

^

WRITE(BEEPER_PIN, LOW);

^

WRITE(BEEPER_PIN, LOW);

^

pins_RAMBO.h:178:29: error: pasting “/* AUX-4*/” and “_PIN” does not give a valid preprocessing token

^

sketch\fastio.h:51:78: note: in definition of macro ‘_WRITE_C’

{DIO ## IO ## _WPORT |= _BV(DIO ## IO ## _PIN); } \

^

sketch\fastio.h:74:21: note: in expansion of macro ‘_WRITE’

#define WRITE(IO,V) _WRITE(IO,V)

^

WRITE(BEEPER_PIN, LOW);

^

WRITE(BEEPER_PIN, LOW);

Try flashing 1.0 with the regular (non Nightly) arduino.

This is all complicated because I screwed up and did not make a dual version of 1.0…just too many versions of Marlin to keep current.

1 Like

I’m working on cleanly reinstalling IDE and I’ll bench compile V1.0 when I’m done. If that works then I’ll try to get v2.0 flashed. By the way, when I got my board I remember it showing “bug_fix-2.0” when I ran it. Is that the same file that’s in the pull down menu on your git-hub. I’m not sure how I got to a V2.0 without endstops cause I’ve allways had them installed and plugged in (and they all worked fine if fact this all started today because I made a new z probe cable and was going out to play.)

Ahh… sweet success! EVERYTHING is functioning 100% normal.

I somehow messed up my Arduino installtion when I tried to use the hourly build. I uninstalled IDE then deleted all the left over configuration file then installed regular IDE 1.8.5. Then I bench compiled Marlin 1, it worked. then compiled Marlin 2 and it worked. So I went out to the shop, uploaded Marlin 1, it worked. Then uploaded Marlin 2 and all was back to normal. I didn’t use the “hourly build” but I did add the “build.path=c:\tmp” to the preferences file. I don’t know if it matters, I’m just trying to document what I did in the unfortunate event that someone else runs across this problem. I’m not sure how they could though cause I worked really hard and spent a lot of hours screwing this up !!! LOL

High five!

It’s usually something odd like this. Glad you stuck with it, sorry it was so frustrating for you.

1 Like

DUDE! Im the one who caused the problem! any frustration was with MY screw up, no need to be sorry about that.

You know, I read a lot in this forum and see how much effort you put into helping users out. I dont know how you keep up and i dont know how you keep your cool with some of the reactions you get. I really appreciate your help Thanks Ryan.

3 Likes

Thanks that really means a lot.

I enjoy this, I do get frustrated, but it all usually works out like this. Then everyone gets to smile and learn something. Pretty cool job, right?! You didn’t read the fine print though…now you have to jump in when someone has a similar issue. :wink:

1 Like

Ryan is a very cool dude.

2 Likes

Awww Jeez, thanks. Gunna make me blush.