As you might remember, I made earrings for the wife (Earrings for the wife), testing a lazy variant of the Estlcam Technique (V-Carve Inlay Using Estlcam (But Technique Can Be Used With Any CAM Software)) which turned out okay, but not brilliant.
This time I made a box for the earrings. For the inlay I used the same method (but without being lazy), made absolutely sure my MPCNC was square (which it is when I am not stupid) and cut an inlay (without rotating, measuring very carefully) which is a perfect fit.
Yeahyeah, I am going to shup up now and let the pictures speak:
(One mom, one dad, four kids, for anyone questioning my maths. :D)
/edit: Box is made from Ash, the outer, light wood and leftovers of smoked oak. The font on the earrings is called “Tahu!” and the one from the box “Artifakt Element”. Both of those are awesome (and free).