I’ve mostly only ever used brass. I think I had a steel nozzle on an older extruder. I think the steel worked better for petg and Asa for me.
I remember sending you a DM about that months ago- I had seen some conflict somewhere- the term “hardened” was causing confusion- but at the time they had “hardened” nozzles listed that were harder than the “ hardened” ones!
And I didn’t get it at that time it seems. ![]()
I think the language was quite confusing and you convinced me I was wrong!![]()
Because the text said it was usable for the most abrasive materials. They also admitted that they wanted that but couldn’t deliver. So I was right at the time but you were rightly sceptical. ![]()
and yet the warriors carry on as though there’s some sort of scam happening!
I’d be curious to know what happened behind the scenes, but that probably won’t ever surface.
Like, was it a design decision to go with the lower hardened parts?
Was it an accident that the wrong material got spec’ed to the manufacturer?
Did the manufacturer goof and build the wrong part?
Was it marketing saying one thing when engineering was doing another?
Who knows. It doesn’t change my view of the product itself. But something like this that’s going to have proprietary nozzles, I want to make sure sticks around long enough for me to buy replacements in the future. It doesn’t look like the nozzle itself is replaceable on the tool heads, which suddenly makes those more expensive long term.
I can see where if you do print a lot of abrasive materials, a $45 tool head wearing out every few months would be a major turn off.
Here is your package of Prusa Goldbären. Get back to waiting!
Edit: No, I’m not serious. I hope they take good care of you and all the early founders edition purchasers.
Weird - all communication is on Discord. Is “Olof off-duty” a different account to “Olof at work”?
Shame for those who have INDX and no Discord. If you posted that around 8:00pm, 12 reactions in 12 hours is not a very big communication reach?
“We had a good meeting” - implies there’s something ugly happening behind the scenes - is Prusa pressuring Bondtech to be nice? Not many winners here as far as I can see, and no INDX available from Prusa yet with one month left to ship the first orders!
I think so. They are on summer holidays in Sweden after the launch. Bad timing. ![]()
But yeah, a lot of people complain that they do it on discord. A proper update is said to be given early next week.
Got everything installed, tangled TPU in the 6th tool already. ![]()
Trying to print with a 0.6mm nozzle against the recommendations, had a print come loose because of warping, might have been my fault. Trying the print again.
@Tokoloshe playing with his new toy ![]()

It’s working now, next up is a Benchy in five colours.
With a TPU cabin on top!?
Oh! I didn’t realize you already had the upgrade coming in.
Nice!
Need to see if you can do the multi-color TPU gecko like I was caught watching a video of the other day.
Nah, TPU and I are fighting.
That’s for tomorrow.
I only bought one Standard 0.4 nozzle for TPU, I only need black. ![]()
Founder number 189. I got a badge. ![]()




