Bondtech INDX

Ok Guys… Who’s ready to start trying to wedge one of these into a MP3DP ???

Looks like they have dev kits available https://www.bondtech.se/indx-by-bondtech/?v=0b3b97fa6688

The video makes it looks slick

$390 per toolhead? That is steep.

Edit: if it were like the snapmaker… One toolhead and multiple nozzles are used. $45 per nozzle.

No. 390 for the carriage that goes on the gantry. The individual tools are $45 ea.

My cart is currently $474. That includes the tool head, the longer cable, their parts cooler, 4 tool heads, and 4 of their pre-designed docking stations.

My only complaint (and it’s minor) is that the toolhead currently only runs via USB. No CAN yet.

I need about a month of saving my measly ‘hobby allowance’ and I should be able to order one.

Let me test it first on my Prusa. :face_savoring_food:

The prusa both had one and it was a lot less stringy at open sauce.

You need a place for a purge bucket. Is there anywhere the hot end can reach that isn’t heated bed?

Are you going to shrink the printable area or build it bigger?

Then light a fire under them to release one for the Core One L ! :slight_smile:

Ugh, You’re making me want to bust my long-dormant V5 repeat printer build back out :slight_smile:

At $500, that is roughly half the cost of the new one i want to buy… hmmm.

It is. One complete toolhead… literally everything. Bed leveling, extruder etc. The entire toolhead gets installed. There is a control head that goes with it. Then “nozzle” swaps are each tool and they are much cheaper. I’ve been working on some cad involved for the official release of the sv08 adaptation. It’s crazy good. I’m also seeing that kalico is the way to go over klipper, but I’m not 100% sure why. My buddy did a really good write up about it when he released them.

I was under the impression I could use a purge tower to get flow started on each change.

My plan would be to lose usable printable area. I’d mount the additional toolheads on the front of the machine. I’d lose a little Y at the front. My machine is 300x300. The toolhead has to be able to reach the tool, so it the additional tools have to be within the movable area of the printhead.

I’m also going to have to remove the lid from my machine and make something taller. The door on the front probably won’t close. I may have to add a ‘bump’ to the front of the machine so the door can clear the tools.

Yeah. I’m looking forward to more Core One reviews with the INDX on them. I’m hoping those start showing up BEFORE I have the money gathered to order my own.

Same. I was really starting to consider a Snapmaker U1 or Flashforge 5 Pro. I also think I can fit more than 4 INDX tools on the front of my machine. I won’t know until I can actually try to make it work.

That’s interesting. I’d be curious why too.

550 for 4 tools and the eddy add on. I can fit 9, but 4 send like a good starting point.

Kalico just recently released full indx support baked in.

Klipper has always safe guarded thermal settings. Kalico was originally danger klipper because it unlocked the fire hazards. It makes sense that Kalico would be better suited for heating induction tools fast

Good to know. Thanks. I’ll have to look in to how easy/hard it is to swap.

Yea, Kevin was/is very risk averse.

My hardware list is more like $680-$700.

Smart toolhead ($390 as of this writing)

4 nozzles ($45 ea)

4 tool docks ($15 ea)

4 sets of hardware ($5 ea - likely not needed if I buy the docks)

Radial part cooler ($29)

Mgn12 x-carriage mount ($10)

Indx link cable ($21)

Looks like I’ll observe with interest on this one.

Ooops… seems the hardened nozzles aren’t really hardened but only kind of hardened and the advertisement still sells them as “print anything with them “…

https://www.reddit.com/r/prusa3d/s/zVe8VzVht8

I only have some glow in the dark but maaaan, another letdown besides the missing print profiles..

I used the last hour to catch up on it. It seems that Prusa was not aware of it, but since so many are at Open Source, they can‘t make a statement yet but have reached out to Bondtech.

Bondtech itself seems to have paddled back a bit. The nozzles are hardened, but not as hard as hardened nozzles should be. So it‘s something in between brass and real hardened nozzles.

Bondtech said hardened nozzles might be available from September on but first categorically declined to reimburse early adopters in some way or send them free hardened nozzles, they seem to have distanced themselves from this as well, a statement should have been made today, but might take a day or two.

So seems they tried to cheat on the nozzles and got caught by the community. I really hope they make this right because I want the INDX and Bondtech to succeed together with Prusa, the first real prints look absolutely stunning. :slight_smile:

More of that weirdness I sensed when going back and forth in person between the two booths in the UK. It was weird. Why would you try to cheat on something like a hardened nozzle when your whole customer base are already experts on such things? Mind boggling…

I don’t think you need both the tool dock and the hardware. My understanding is the hardware is needed if you want to print your own dock.

Just read some of the hardened nozzle threads. I hope that gets resolved and doesn’t kill the product from bad press.

Not sure what the original postings were, but the nozzle is was looking at today are listed as Steel. Not hardened. Before hardened nozzles were everywhere, us old timers had brass, steel, and hardened steel nozzles. They are harder than brass but not a good at melting, that’s why when good hardened needles came out, steel was way less common.

But nozzles alone won’t stop that system. I’d bet most people don’t need hardened nozzles. Pla certainly doesn’t need it.